Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forced Dc2

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    ^Reason for that is that most FWD excercising that sort of power, have issues putting it to the ground...tyres, suspension etc.
    Wheel spin galore in the lower gears make for an average 60ft time, all ive seen is roughly the 2.0 second mark.
    FWD are known to have relatively ghey traction in comparison to other type of cars.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic
    turbo it dude
    just for the sheer pleasure of the blow off sound haha
    if ur going for 1/4 mile times it will probably be not what your expecting as people have said, puttin the power to the ground is hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    it all comes down to driver ..... as q ball said having a good susy set up help. You cant launch them like an N/A car....you have to ease it on... if the tyres start making more then just a chirping noise you know then that you have stuffed the pass cause you'll be wheel spining up the strip! and that doesnt make for good times you right.... all it comes down to is driving

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by superR
    it all comes down to driver ..... as q ball said having a good susy set up help. You cant launch them like an N/A car....you have to ease it on... if the tyres start making more then just a chirping noise you know then that you have stuffed the pass cause you'll be wheel spining up the strip! and that doesnt make for good times you right.... all it comes down to is driving
    correct ive seen ppl with 200kw and run a 14sec pass
    its all about the driver.

if money isnt an option then go for it. Im still confused why people are interested in wat other people would do.. B an individual and do something cool that is rare and that will most importantly make u smile everytime u hit the gas.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    One thing a few people overlook is traction. Anything above 160 at the wheels and you can kiss good bye to be able to having your foot flat on the floor in 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Other than that though, it's awesome. The sound of the spool and VTEC is crazy. As Adrian said, you just have to do it properly.

Member Array
    I've got a 1994 Honda Integra VTI-R that's turbocharged. The car is prepped by Croydon Racing Developments, so no bodgy backyard jobs/tin shed mechanics here.
    The car made 144 kilowatts @ the wheels, and ran a best so far of 13.5 @ 103 m.p.h, at W.S.I.D.
    Quick enough to keep up with a few lightweights.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Civic Coupe
    Hows the turbo FWD compare on track against cars like 180sx and Skylines ??
    I know its about right suspension and setup but equivalent setups how did the turbo teg compete ? For the price range itll probably be cheaper to go for a 180sx if your looking at boost. Not having anything against Honda at all, just my thoughts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    boost it YO!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra vti-r
    Quote Originally Posted by INFLYT
    I've got a 1994 Honda Integra VTI-R that's turbocharged. The car is prepped by Croydon Racing Developments, so no bodgy backyard jobs/tin shed mechanics here.
    The car made 144 kilowatts @ the wheels, and ran a best so far of 13.5 @ 103 m.p.h, at W.S.I.D.
    Quick enough to keep up with a few lightweights.
    How much boost r u running??

Member Array
    The car is running only 6 p.s.i boost, as the car is still running an internally standard engine.
    Anymore boost than that wouldn't be safe, even though the combination is also running some mild fuel set up modifications.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Quote Originally Posted by INFLYT
    im guessing you have an avo kit?