Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: S15 - S2000

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    s15 > s2k
    that's my opinion.
    s15 has more of a range of aftermarket support, and knowledge of modifying.
    lol.
    don't get me wrong s2k's are fun, but slow compared to a s15
    was driving one yesterday, and fock it took long to hit vtec.
    lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    As i said earlier, the s15 is easy to drive, u can jump in,floor it and u'll get the most out of the performance it has to offer. The s2k on the other hand, i found,took some time to figure out how to optimise what it had to offer, if u drive the s2k like the s15 u'll get nowhere. On paper the s2k is quicker, stock for stock, ive found it really does have the edge.

The s15 maybe easier to mod,(easier to gain power) but i wouldnt exactly say theres a lack of "knowledge" in regards to the s2k. Theres plenty of R&D products out there and plenty of tuners with the know how. The range for aftermarket parts is really clearly quite vast, i dont know why u'd think otherwise.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I think Chopsticks (someone on OzHonda) had 2 S15's before his S2000. He has sold the S2000 since then I think.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAP1
    As i said earlier, the s15 is easy to drive, u can jump in,floor it and u'll get the most out of the performance it has to offer. The s2k on the other hand, i found,took some time to figure out how to optimise what it had to offer, if u drive the s2k like the s15 u'll get nowhere. On paper the s2k is quicker, stock for stock, ive found it really does have the edge.

The s15 maybe easier to mod,(easier to gain power) but i wouldnt exactly say theres a lack of "knowledge" in regards to the s2k. Theres plenty of R&D products out there and plenty of tuners with the know how. The range for aftermarket parts is really clearly quite vast, i dont know why u'd think otherwise.
    i never said there was lack.
    lol.
    i meant there isn't as much as for the sr20's.
    don't get me wrong, i still love the s2k's absolutly supberb for what it is.
    for a cruiser, with a bit of balls, yeah sure i'll get one.
    for power and speed, s15.
    lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Bit of balls??? S2k = 176kw, s15 = 147kws. S2k a criuser????, its actually faster.
    But Sure thing dude
    Last edited by WhiteAP1; 13-09-2006 at 12:43 PM.

I agree with WhiteAP1, and also I never said that S15 has bad handeling but it's not on the same level as type R.
    At the end it all depends on pesonal wants, I pesonaly like my car to handle very good than to go fast on stright or do some sick 1/4 mile time, but you also have people that preffer stright line speed over everything else.

I would say go for test drives in both cars and than see what suits your needs best.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    all i have to say is that in the hands of a capable driver any car can be a weapon....maybe type R is regarded as easier to handle due to the fact you can thrash it around a bend without worrying about the rear end coming out.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAP1
    Bit of balls??? S2k = 176kw, s15 = 147kws. S2k a criuser????, its actually faster.
    But Sure thing dude
    to me, those facts are good, BUT how fast does it get to 176kw?
    overall, to me, the s15 has the advantage of making more power, spend what about 3k on the s15, and you'll have more than the s2k at the wheels.

try spending 3k on a s2k, and what does it get you? lol, not much in my opinion.

but everyone has thier own opinion

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    It gets there faster than the S15. Ive had both cars in my driveway for three years now. Like i said u cant just jump into the car and expect response in any gear. U need to learn the car b4 u really get moving. If u want a car any moron can drive,turbo is the answer . And yes i agree (as ive clearly stated in previous posts) the s15 will get twice the power gain for half the money, ive seen, done it, experienced it myself.

Fact is, the s2k is faster than an s15 out of the box. The s2k is also a track focused performance car with 10 times the race capabilities and engeneering of the s15. Another fact is that 400hp S15 can still lose to 270 hp s2k on the track or twisties. More Power doesnt automatically equal a faster car. If ure after straight line performance, yes an s15 would be the better option.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    in my experience, running a s2k and a s15 against eachother, s15 feels and is faster, in my experience.

i understand what you are saying, the s2k has excellent handling, compared to the s15.

the s15 has more low down power, and but the s2k you really have to rev it out, it has power throughout the whole rev range, rolling start is quite good, i was actually suprised, but off the line, the s15 will get it, and stay infront, this is talking from personal exp./

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    It FEELS faster becasue of the torque figures, doesnt make it faster. On paper the s2k IS faster stock for stock. Yes peak power is at a higher rev range, doesnt make it slower though. Like i said unless u know how to drive the s2k u'll get nowhere. When my brother got his S15, he lost to a mate in his Dc2 R. Doesnt make the type R faster. After learning the car the tables were turned.

So uve seen a few drags, maybe taken em around the block once or twice. Doesnt really equal the experience of not only owning the cars, but knowing the cars. U cant really argue with facts.

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    not seen, been driving the s2k and 200sx, and i drive both cars close to, every weekend s2k more, for the past year or so.
    i know the s2k needs considerable skill to get it going, but, i've taken down a dc2r and a eg with a b18cr, but i just can't seem to shake off the 200, every single time, during rolling start, it'd be head to head for a bit, then the 200 would slowly pull away.

either way, both great cars for what they are.