Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    happy car

ALARMS-remote start

Hey guys...
    alarms that have remote start feature...
    avg prices
    model numers etc

Id like something similar to the VIPER 2-way that has remote start feature..
    but just like to see what other brands are out there. Just like to compare.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    check with your local registration office, remote start anything is ILLEGAL.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Modded V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA
    check with your local registration office, remote start anything is ILLEGAL.

Not true...it's only illegal if your car is manual (better check)...but having said that, if you have a stoppage manual (to prevent the car to neturally move without anyone in there upon remote star) then it should be ok.

I got it on my car - VIPER VX with all available add-ons, spelt well over $1,500 but very worth it...I feel really protected and safe! Got the flashing Viper sticker too....hihhi
    Variable Timing Electronic Control

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    even on auto cars it's illegal.
    it's illegal to have the car running if you are not in the car or standing outside of your car next to it.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    The laws might be different in each state. Any one got any proper written facts rather than just saying it's illegal?
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    i may not have paper written facts, but i've read it on the RTA nsw website somewhere, and my installer has said so as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Yeah i've heard that from a few installers but i've heard different cases, such as, only for manual it's illegal and others say it's not illegal. Confusing topic this one, lol.
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    we had it and never used it!!

Member Array
    Car:
    s15
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda Enthusiast
    I got it on my car - VIPER VX with all available add-ons, spelt well over $1,500 but very worth it...I feel really protected and safe! Got the flashing Viper sticker too....hihhi
    you spent $1500+ on a VIPER w/ all accesories?!? man thats alot, considering i spent less than half of that amount on the same system (VIPER 791XV) . did u buy urs from Autobarn or something coz i know they retail $9xx.xx there, i mean there are traders on forums that sell em for $3xx.xx w/ full warranty and support. oh well you win some, you lose some

oh btw yes they are illegal, my installer told me not to tell my insurance or it would void. anyway its nothing fancy, more of a wankfactor thats why i got mine disabled.

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    mmz i guess this topic went all weird.
    i never asked about legalities...
    pretty much anythign you do to your car is illegal.
    There are just loopholes.

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by haiz
    you spent $1500+ on a VIPER w/ all accesories?!? man thats alot, considering i spent less than half of that amount on the same system (VIPER 791XV) . did u buy urs from Autobarn or something coz i know they retail $9xx.xx there, i mean there are traders on forums that sell em for $3xx.xx w/ full warranty and support. oh well you win some, you lose some

oh btw yes they are illegal, my installer told me not to tell my insurance or it would void. anyway its nothing fancy, more of a wankfactor thats why i got mine disabled.
    Heya, Just curious on the Viper VX -- Where'd you get yours from? Would love to Upgrade.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Saw some very capable GSM alarms on ebay for like $300 or less.

Dont know how Telstra or others feel about the compatibility of these systems with their networks,might be worth checking before purchasing if u feel so inclined.

Can reach your car with your phone from anywhere in the world where your phone has reception.

Can kick on the A/C on those stinking hot days before u make the walk back to the car from 3 miles down the beach somewhere.

Get that windscreen defrosted & car warmed up from the breakfast table when your running late for work.

Best of all u can disable the engine from anywhere when it gets stolen,possibly even track the sim card if your network is capable.Listen to what the thieves are saying also or talk to them & beg for your car back.Could even listen quietly to the service department doing burnouts in your ride.

Mad,i want one,stuff Telstra.........