Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    '99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quick note: The GTi has the appeal of a modded 1st gen Civic - that has a lot to do with why I'd take it over an EG
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Scandrew
    I was not asking for a debate. I was asking for some opinions.

So far, plenty of the information has been great. Especially the opinions where actual users have had experiences with both cars.

The original thread was to just gain an understanding of both cars performances in comparison to each other not to boast on which car is quicker or not.
    As long as this doesn't go off topic.

the gti actualli feels realli fast.....i guess due to it weighing
    i remember it was 880kg
    has 8000 redline too which i personalli like.....
    and apparently it does 8.6 sec 0-100km/h
    which isnt bad..
    bad thing is no power steering......

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    ok..l shluodn't be posting this coz this is when i nearly crashed my car..but anyway

l raced a gti swift off the line..and i wus pulling away from him 1st..and 2nd and 3rd...so yeha...then blah blah blah..
    but then again..thats my car..si engine with headers intake and muffler..stock piping...thats it.....anyways

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by geo41e
    ok..l shluodn't be posting this coz this is when i nearly crashed my car..but anyway

l raced a gti swift off the line..and i wus pulling away from him 1st..and 2nd and 3rd...so yeha...then blah blah blah..
    but then again..thats my car..si engine with headers intake and muffler..stock piping...thats it.....anyways
    Si's are cool
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic SIR B1
    i had a gti and my brother had a civic gl twincarb, both where side by side all the way up till 130k. then i raced a crx si (zc) and it pulled 8 cars on me, considering that my car had only 65000k on it, it was 2 years old at the time and also went very hard, but not as hard as a honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    i had the same problem. i was planning to get a swift but then i chose the si. personaly i think the si is quicker because of its power in the low revs.

my mate had an gti and we had a quater mile run and my si won. and just to make it fair we switched cars (i was driving his gti, he was driving my si) and he beat me with my car...

i must admit it is fun driving the swift but it is scary when ur in high speeds...
    with my si im alsways flying and i feel more safe because of its stability..

the only thing that put me off about the si when i bought it was that if i do want to get technical and start modding, ie cams an stuff, it is expensive for d series parts...

hope that helps!
    B20 FTMFW
    ~~DJ_LeX~~

ProjecT EGG PoWer

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    My brother used to have a Gti, they feel quick but would probably just get beaten by an Si or Vti. The big difference is the build quality, comfort and room, Gti is very plasticy and cheap, gearbox is weak and stupidly expensive to repair (easy $2500), Civic wins hands down in my book.
    Oh and It kills it in the looks department too.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJDMCivic
    it was 2 years old
    so is this thread

Not a fan of the swifts at all. Civic in my books winds hands down in all aspects ive experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Power to weight keeps them about equal. Personally I prefer the civic. More space, more style. Plus just about everyone you see driving a swift is a toss.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Most of what Setanta wrote sounds fairly accurate.

I've owned a GTi(stock for a couple of years),a D16a8(Si) CRX & a B18C CRX,both Gen 2's.

i always wondered why my CRX's never felt as zippy as the GTi,I still reckon I could give my B18C trouble with the GTi of the mark if I didnt fully launch the B18C.Cant do that round the city much,would have grannies waving their walking sticks at me for miles around.So the GTi was a lot more fun zipping through traffic.

As for the D16 it never felt as fun unless it was kept up high in the revs,so getting off the mark was rather uninspireing.

That all said,I broke 2 GTi gearboxes,they handle like a bucket of shite compared to the CRX (i imagine the civic would handle quite similar to the CRX) & the wheel hop was astonishing in the dry.

I still look back fondly on my GTi,mad little engine the G13B,i spoke to suzi engineers once who said it would live at well above its redline all day,everyday.Its a pity the surrounding package didnt compare to my Hondas.

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration
    Power to weight keeps them about equal. Personally I prefer the civic. More space, more style. Plus just about everyone you see driving a swift is a toss.
    I'm glad u said just about everyone