Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    Honda needs to re-evaluate their pricing strategies. They just don't have an affordable sport compact out there.

This is where the RS Clio, Corolla Sportivo, Golf GTi and the SP23 Mazda 3 is just selling so well.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    thats true, but the build of the thing has to be considered. frankly i think ford quality sucks balls, renault aint too flash and the interior of the GTi is..........yawn.
    but yeah i think it really does come down to pricing in the hot hatch market as the target buyers are no doubt only really interested in affordability and performance

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDC5S
    Honda needs to re-evaluate their pricing strategies. They just don't have an affordable sport compact out there.

This is where the RS Clio, Corolla Sportivo, Golf GTi and the SP23 Mazda 3 is just selling so well.
    Just like goods made in Australia are too expensive to sell in South East Asia, goods made in the UK are too expensive when sold here.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

But you can't compare ford XR5 with this civic, I read some stuff about that car, it's very unstable, has too much power at front wheels and cant get any traction, that's why it comes at mid $30k but yet you can't see many of them on streets. I think anything over $40000 would be a bit overprised for new CTR, it shouldn't be more expensive than Type S or old DC5R so yeah mid $30k to $40k would be just right.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    i still dont see how it could sell anywhere near a reasonable price, the current one sells for ~20000pounds which is just under 50k aud. sure it wont cost honda aud 50k to buy it, but by the time you get it here, and then the import tarriffs etc, i just cant see it happening.

tolong tolong they have to bring it in...its the aussie tax that make japanese cars more ex. hopefully the price will be below 40k..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    yeah there is no way it will be priced under 40k.
    i think the sad fact of it is that while its made in the UK it wont be viable for Honda Aust to bring them in. its not just japanese cars that are taxed. any foreign produced car is heavily taxed when imported into oz. its the main way the govt keeps domestic cars competitive

gosh like this there is no more FWD power car for honda!!!!!!! the integra is already gone...and they might not bring in the CTR...sad case

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    i wonder y honda has left this segment alone after their previous efforts with the older tegs, ludes and civics and instead concentrated on bringing in larger cars like the legend... theyre going to start losing buyers if they dont get a viable small sport alternative out there soon im liking the look of the civic type r but i also wonder how it wood work here...

There will be different levels of equipment available, ranging from a fully equipped car to one that even has the rear parcel shelf removed. With these variants, the new Civic Type R therefore looks set to endear itself to a whole new wave of enthusiasts and to repeat the cult success of the first ‘CTR’ which exceeded all sales predictions. The new Civic Type R will receive its international show debut in Paris during September and sales are expected to begin in 2007.
    I like this bit of text from honda, it could be something like "New Civic Type R, a real hot hach starting from $34995", that "strating from" could be new honda trick for good price and blowing away all the comp, this could be price for basic model that would have non of luxury stuff, and than to get fully loaded model you pay like $45000 or something.

Also in't there some sort of free trade agremnet between OZ and UK (you know all the commowealth stuff, and us being very close to them and queen and so on)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It's not about taxes. The cost of labour is high in the UK. Just like when you compare items made in Australia with those that are made elsewhere.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2