Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    "11 Civic TypeR
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    i still dont see how it could sell anywhere near a reasonable price, the current one sells for ~20000pounds which is just under 50k aud. sure it wont cost honda aud 50k to buy it, but by the time you get it here, and then the import tarriffs etc, i just cant see it happening.
    True, however you need to question Honda management here.

Surely production can move to Thailand or any of its other Asian factories when facilities are retooled to cater for this - whats the point of these satellite factories if everything has to be sourced from the UK.

Anyways thats moot point, Honda will have to deal with it sometime with lagging sales figures.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    Hideous.. but I like the interior.

the pricing strategy is going to be a major factor if it comes here.. if its around the $40ish it'll directly compete and/or eat up integra sales.. honda arent going to cannibalise their own products. like everyone else said, if they can keep it b/w mid 30's and 40's it'll own! unlikely to see it at that price though.. i for 1 would love to see this on our shores and blastin down our streets! farkin looks ace.. bad ass shiet~
    EMpire.ONE

c i v i c - l i z a t i o n

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDC5S
    True, however you need to question Honda management here.

Surely production can move to Thailand or any of its other Asian factories when facilities are retooled to cater for this - whats the point of these satellite factories if everything has to be sourced from the UK.

Anyways thats moot point, Honda will have to deal with it sometime with lagging sales figures.
    That Civic was designed and sold in the UK. That version of the hatch is sold only in the UK.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCTR Coopz!
    the pricing strategy is going to be a major factor if it comes here.. if its around the $40ish it'll directly compete and/or eat up integra sales.. honda arent going to cannibalise their own products. like everyone else said, if they can keep it b/w mid 30's and 40's it'll own! unlikely to see it at that price though.. i for 1 would love to see this on our shores and blastin down our streets! farkin looks ace.. bad ass shiet~
    dont forget that integra is finished, there is no more except what dealers have in stock.

Yes but it's still honda, and honda is from Japan, do you recon that it will not sale in Japan???

Good point matt

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenic1981
    Yes but it's still honda, and honda is from Japan, do you recon that it will not sale in Japan???

Good point matt
    The 5 door version of this UK hatch is NOT sold in Japan. They get the same civic that we get.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    The 5 door version of this UK hatch is NOT sold in Japan. They get the same civic that we get.
    what about the 3 door tho. was the jap spec EP3 made in the uk aswell?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    what about the 3 door tho. was the jap spec EP3 made in the uk aswell?
    I'm not talking about EP3 (BTW, JDM EP3 CTR is made in UK). I'm talking about this new UK Civic hatch. This spaceship looking UK hatch model, both 3 and 5 doors are NOT sold in Japan.

But what about Type R model is it gonna sale in Japan, I think lots of Jap guys would be pissed off if they don't get the best civic there is.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenic1981
    But what about Type R model is it gonna sale in Japan, I think lots of Jap guys would be pissed off if they don't get the best civic there is.
    If the CTR is sold in japan like for the EP3, then yes, they will import it from the UK.

Member Array
    Car:
    None.. yet.
    Honda needs to get off its ass... HAs such a legacy of perfomance then shoots itself in the foot making its top models in the UK....... Where is the logic in that? The asian car maker, making asian cars in england too expensive for the asian market.... idiots..

I for one think it will "have" to come here, Dropping the integra has left a void which has to be filled by this...?

Yeh i agree with one of the previous statement of what happened to the idiots? Preludes, CRX, Civic, Integra, Type R's of everything and they go f*** it lets make a direct competitor to merc and bmw that everyone will say why buy a honda when you can buy a merc/bmw....