Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    Yeah they really shouldnt of carried out the work without consent. But that price for all the work carried out is not expensive to get it done right. We would of just reported it if the customer could not be contacted and laugh when the problem causes major repair down the track.
    Last edited by vtek; 16-09-2006 at 12:37 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo
    mate still pretty steep, can't wait to see what they charge you for the 100,000km services, its should be a bigger service + timing belt!

haha yeh they will probably charge him $350 for "Halogen Fluid"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1989 CRX SiR
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    What is a "RH rack boot air tube" anyway? That doesnt seem essential...
    its on your steering rack. RH - Right Hand. The air tube would have to be clogged or disconnected.. rack boots are a $20 job to change from memory. Get a universal rack boot from repco and drag ur arse under the car.. Been there done that a few times..

They said it was disconnected. And it cost alot more than just $20 at Honda!

What does this air tuby thing do anyway?? What happens if its disconnected??

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    wholey shit .. honestly im shocked. O_o
    i do agree with panda crx but still , you could find a trustworthy mechanic you can trust to do the job for about 300-400 bux gheez, its not hard to notice when the brakes are low and even if it was it couldnt have been that bad that alpine would not notice it, what they did is just dumb, what would they have done if he could not afford to pay for it? sue him? pfft.
    majority of people who service at honda is just for the log book,
    i for one would never go to honda ever!

when they serviced my mates dc5r they charged him for all sorts of stupid shit he didnt need,
    and at ridiculous prices eg the sump washer they charged him $1
    like wtf? there 5 cents
    +kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R

Not all small places are like that.

What kinda work is done at the 80k service?? Chances are its totally posible to DIY. At least you can't blame any workshop for ****in up or over chargin....

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by RMN15N
    majority of people who service at honda is just for the log book,
    actually they go knowing that the workshop has the skills and technical knowledge to properly look after their vehicle.

you can't honestly say that your generic 'cheap' workshops like ultratune are as skilled or as knowledgable on honda's, especially newer ones.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    honda charge an arm and a leg for their service, rip offs. they really cant do anything that another reliable mechanic wouldnt be able to do...
    when i had my civic i called trivett honda to get a quote for a 100km service. (timing belt, cam/crankshaft seals, oil change, oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs etc) they quoted me $1300. i got the same service done at my local mechanic for $700 plus they changed my water pump as well, whereas honda wouldve "inspected it" and if it was leaking then charge another $300 for a water pump.
    rip offs i tell ya... and dont get emotional panda, its the pricing department, not the good lads that service the cars.

p.s if something is wrong with the car and needs extra work they have to call you and ask you if you want it changed, if i were you i wouldnt pay for the extra work, its too late now but you shouldve told them on the spot "no i didnt want that changed, you shouldve called me, im not paying for it" and if they say you have to just tell them to change it back...
    Last edited by mj3610; 21-09-2006 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    ... and dont get emotional panda, its the pricing department, not the good lads that service the cars.
    i'm not emotional dude, and i am one of those dudes that does the pricing
    i think if anything it's the PARTS dept that is a ripoff. when i do the invoicing i can see the profit margin on items, i know the whole idea is to make money but sometimes it's just like

i feel the labour rates are very fair a good 95-97% of the time for what you are getting
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    i'm not emotional dude, and i am one of those dudes that does the pricing
    i think if anything it's the PARTS dept that is a ripoff. when i do the invoicing i can see the profit margin on items, i know the whole idea is to make money but sometimes it's just like

i feel the labour rates are very fair a good 95-97% of the time for what you are getting
    yeah i know what u mean
    if honda charges $460 for a little electrical valve on a d15z2 (carby engine) then makes u wonder how greedy they really are...
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...