Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Expert assistance required

K here's my situation.

ATM I drive a 97 EK1 Vti... 2.5" catback, Pod.. thats it lol.

I want to absolutely guts the hell out of it. i mean torque and power that makes jaws drop. Where do i start, what do i do, what parts do i need.. lol. I didnt search, because i can't really pinpoint what i need, and "NA Powerplant" didnt really come up..

Thanks Guyz

Hully

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    drop in a k series motor. that should put a smile on your face everyday.
    that or a b series + boost.

or sell it and buy a nissan.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn
    drop in a k series motor. that should put a smile on your face everyday.
    that or a b series + boost.

or sell it and buy a nissan.
    lol.
    lol i work for Nissan the only good thing they got goin at the mo is the Maxima..

but nah i dont want boost.. i want vteccing goodness ... if i can get the right boost set up for the right amount, i'll go that way, but either way i'll have to do the internals, so why not stick it out and tune the hell out of her and make it a NA beast then tutututu it

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    k series swap my friend.
    you won't be dissapointed.
    lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    if you want torque from that your current engine you'll have to turbo it. by building NA your torque is always going to be limited by displacement.
    as said, if you want NA and torque go a K series. K24 if you want bucketloads. they produce exceptional torque even for a 2.4l. i believe hondatech in melb were having pretty good success in developing bolt on parts for them

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    i suggest talking to those members from toda.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    K24 for sure.. Fully built.

To suceed you need MONEY, and lots of it... along with time and dedication

First , question to yourself how much you love your car. And then , how much your partner loves it too ( if u have a gf/bf etc). Then , look at your availible funds....it should determine

IMO , eithe enjoy your car as it is with abit of noise and cheap fuel economy and reliability , or sell it and get a faster stock car like a EK4 or DC2R etc.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by sivic
    if you want torque from that your current engine you'll have to turbo it. by building NA your torque is always going to be limited by displacement.
    as said, if you want NA and torque go a K series. K24 if you want bucketloads. they produce exceptional torque even for a 2.4l. i believe hondatech in melb were having pretty good success in developing bolt on parts for them
    Trust me, you don't want a stock k24a3 in it. You get torque at 4500rpm, and then you hit vtec at 6000rpm. You notice that the car has less pull than when at 4500rpm and all of a sudden, it's already 7300rpm and time to shift. Go k20a2.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    First , question to yourself how much you love your car. And then , how much your partner loves it too ( if u have a gf/bf etc). Then , look at your availible funds....it should determine

IMO , eithe enjoy your car as it is with abit of noise and cheap fuel economy and reliability , or sell it and get a faster stock car like a EK4 or DC2R etc.
    Too right Ben,
    Only you yourself can decide what you want out of your car. It is upto you to decide what you want and how much you are willing to spend on it. The best way to go is to research and know exactly what you want.. Pinpoint your goals.

Also, to build a car to the extremeties your asking, it will not be a reliable street-car (if you go all out this is)..

For performance like this, you have to lose a fair amount of economy and engine life!

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    sooo f*cking gold hahahahaha

yeah, i was thinking k or h series swap, but there's a lot of $$$.. hmmm... in the mean time, what could i do to strengthen my internals while building power?