Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Discatelli

'01 GLi Performance Upgrade

Hi guys,

I'm a complete noob when it comes to car mod's, but I am interested in trying to squeeze a further 20-30kW's out of my 2001 Civic GLi. (1.7ltr SOHC)

I've been searching for a manufacturer of extractors to suit this model but so far have turned up nothing.

Has anyone on this forum successfully attempted such a feat, and if so where is the best place to start?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You won't get 20-30kW out of the d17. Maybe 10-15kW with bolt ons (I/H/E and piggyback)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Discatelli
    What do you mean 'bolt-ons'?

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Bolt ons is whats inside the brackets (I/H/E, piggyback)
    Intake, headers and exhaust - piggyback = ecu

Afaik, theres not much after market support for this model civic so u'll be strugglin to find parts readily available, and the parts u do find may be quite expensive!
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Discatelli
    Is that because it's just a slightly newer model, or are there other factors at play?

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Nah, the cars 6 yrs old, so theres been plenty of time for manufacturers to come up with something.
    Problem is, the 01 civic jst wasnt as popular as the EK range, hence aftermarket support for it isnt as big.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Discatelli
    So do I have any options if I want to improve the GLi's performance? Would it be a case of having to import extractors, etc. from Japan if I wanted to make any significant improvements?

Discatelli
    Does anyone know of a manufacturer of intake, headers, and exhausts to suit an '01 GLi?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Discatelli
    Does anyone know of a manufacturer of intake, headers, and exhausts to suit an '01 GLi?
    Not sure which manufacturer made parts for your model, but you can ask around for parts for the D17Z1 engine. Throughout my reading of various forums, I don't think I've come across parts for it. Your chassis code is ES1, so that might help in your search too.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Discatelli
    Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    seriously mate....

i have a d17, dont bother looking for after market parts

there is very little and its expensive most mods dont do much anyway

i DOUGHT you will find aftermarket extractors for a d17.....

u can find a generic CAI that will bolt on/replace ur existing intake system

as for exhaust.......u can always get some generic sports muff bolt on

but for everything else....there arent any after market highflow cats or piping for an ES1

a mate of mine got one custom made for $800, thats a custom cat, custom piping, custom rear muffler

dont bother man, the ES1 is a fun car, not overly fast, but enuf grunt if its a manual.....save ur money for something better.....

i have an 05 civic ES, and i used to think of modding it like u.....but i got over that stage due to the diffuculty of finding parts and the possibly tiny performance increases yool get
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball
    Nah, the cars 6 yrs old, so theres been plenty of time for manufacturers to come up with something.
    Problem is, the 01 civic jst wasnt as popular as the EK range, hence aftermarket support for it isnt as big.
    it wasnt as big as there wasnt even a vti-r or si with the sedans or hatches.
    there isn't much NA support but i have seen turbo kits suitable for these models if you want to go that far
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan