Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    D series is not a performance engine, so it would be really hard to get 10kW more just using boltons. So yeh, like panda said, go turbo.....will increase power by upto 70%.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    ^big call

some turbos will increase 70%, but theyll cost a SHITLOAD to buy and a SHITLOAD to install

and to get that much power increase, youll need to run a prety hefty turbo, more boost = less reliability = more problems = dead car

seriously, done bother trying to improve the car engine wise, coz its not gona get much better, realistically...

if u want a turbo, u can get an old sylvia with an sr20det in it, yood be surprised how fast they are, and they illegal for p-platers, and u can find a good example with wat it costs for you to get a properly installed good quality and well tuned turbo kit for your d17
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CiviC
    Discatelli, if you're looking for extractors and exhaust then approach a specialty exhaust shop, as others have suggested, and it may be possible to get them to custom fabricate something especially for you. Of course it will cost a bit, but any decent exhaust system is going to cost a bit. It all depends how serious you are about modifying your car, because at the end of the day a car is just metal so really anything is possible.

People will always be telling you not to bother and to get another car and sell your car, but sometimes it's not about owning the fastest car or doing what's most economical. Sometimes its about really 'owning' the car and by owning I don't mean holding the greenslip, I mean you thought about all the mods, have done the research, maybe even bolted some on yourself or even designed something and fabricated it yourself! That's what it's about to me anyway.

In the end though the final decision is up to you. Just think things through and make sure you're going to be happy with whatever decision you end up making.
    Project Civic777 - obsession for achievement