Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by string
    So i've got these magic beans right...
    LMAO!

Drag strip is the best way to find out???? But theres even more variables!?!?!?! :O

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    +rep to string, good info, helped me and even though he had people saying he was wrong he still tried helping them to figure it out eventually.
    The Pain Of Discipline Is Far Less Than The Pain Of Regret

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    lol, dam missed out on what the forum security deleted. I think if string just said that he had the magic beans from the start, it would have made things a lot easier.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme
    Drag strip is the best way to find out???? But theres even more variables!?!?!?! :O
    Doesn't stop teams/individuals from running relatively consistent runs.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    depnds on what your measuring. String your looking at how fast the car is.
    Over a drag strip your still going to have more variables than in the workshop on a dyno. That's why people still have different times on a dragstrip. Also comes down to drivers reaction also.

They way Barefoot & his mate compared theirs was if their cars actually made more power. Since they were on the same dyno at the same time that would be the most consistent way of finding it out. They weren't looking to see who was the faster car + faster driver.

btw look at it this way. A dyno run in 3rd will result in a bigger output. 4th will result in a lower output. This has been done and proven alot of times. Now will a shorter final drive give a bigger number? I think you the answer.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo
    btw look at it this way. A dyno run in 3rd will result in a bigger output. 4th will result in a lower output. This has been done and proven alot of times. Now will a shorter final drive give a bigger number? I think you the answer.
    Please give me "alot" of links to these proofs.

Sorry but same dyno same time doesn't mean accurate results. There's plenty of variables on the dyno aswell; especially when the entire car is being changed, not just a different run on the same car.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    anyways what was your power figure and your friends barefoot??

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV

Sorry but same dyno same time doesn't mean accurate results. There's plenty of variables on the dyno aswell; especially when the entire car is being changed, not just a different run on the same car.
    You seriesly got issues. How the f u c k realistically can you get a better indication of who's making more power than running one after another on the same dyno?

And yes it's more accurate with it's on the same dyno. F U C K E N H E L L.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R
    anyways what was your power figure and your friends barefoot??
    mine - 118kw
    mate - 108kw

both untuned
    we are getting tunned this week hopefully, i'll post up some results if a certain someone ever gets around to tunning our cars.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe

At least there are less variables on the same dyno when compared to being on the drag strip. Human influence is the largest variable and that is what a dyno tries to minimise.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2