Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think you all need to brush up on your basic comprehension skills if you think I said that track times are a good comparasin between two cars power outputs. I simply said that the quater mile was the best place to test out a cars usable power (isn't going fast the reason you modify in the first place? A dyno sure isn't that exciting in my opinion).

Barefootbonzai, is there a reason you are getting so hostile? Apart from not being able to understand my simple remarks, you are not adding anything by trying to insult me. Because you are so aggressive, I assume I must be in the wrong here, which means that of course when you took your car off and put his on, you took your front wheels off and he used them right? You also had a wheel alignment on both before, giving you the same alignment settings? You monitored both coolant temps and made sure that before each run they were exactally the same? There are an infinite number of variables I can come up with as to why you could get different results 5 minutes apart on two different cars. It's a completely dumb comparasin unless they are deadset identical.

Finally the truth comes out that both motors are untuned.

Does Lower Final Drive Change Dyno Numbers? - Nowhere near as much as not tuning your car properly.

First I give you an answer which apparently is "totally off the mark", basing part of this on results which are 100% invalid in the first place.

You're turning into the boy who cried wolf, but instead, your the "boy who claims wrong"; you are simply becomming anoying to reply to, as you are more interested in hearing what you want to hear, rather than facts.

This entire thread is completely useless until you get both cars tuned. Then come back with the results and we might be able to have a reasonable discussion on why each car produced what.

fatboyz39: Do you have links to these claims from Limbo, or are you just agreeing with him for fun?
    Last edited by string; 04-10-2006 at 07:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    i swear you got some super issues. what has tunning the car have to do with anything? who the f uck in there right mind would do any of the things that you are suggesting? The numbers i'm producing tuned or un-tuned has nothing to do with my orginal question. man you're a ****en ediot.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Are you kidding?...

Quote Originally Posted by you on page 1, in reference to me saying that you wouldn't get a higher readout
    My car made MORE Power with the 4.9 Final Drive then my friends car. Our Dyno numbers where run 5 mins after each other on the same dyno. So there's nothing to proof, i just wanted to know if my FD helped me in pulling a bigger figure than he did - and it did. Not sure what you're on about.
    Now, you being un-tuned is incredibly relevent, since your dyno figures were the basis for your claims that I was wrong, which, by being untuned, are absolutely useless.

Who would do the things I said? NOBODY WOULD. Which is EXACTALLY why you cannot compare two cars, no matter how close they follow each other, unless they are deadset identical. Alignment settings, coolant temperatures, and the big one, drive-train inertial moments are all contributing factors to dyno "read out" (and in the case of coolant temperature, actual output, though, this is largely irrelevent).

Please stop with the insults already, you're not hurting my feelings, and you certainly aren't aiding your case. As a general recommendation please go back to school and learn how to understand, and construct an intelligent argument. You'll learn that I don't say things for the hell of it, and you might even realise that things I say are relevent somehow!

If you think every post in this thread pertains to your original question to the dot, then it is you sir, who has issues.
    Last edited by string; 04-10-2006 at 08:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    yeah mate, i'm just a doubt ass mechanic. You're too fuc ken intelligent to explain things to the likes of me. You're right about me not understand what the hell you're on about.

PS. I asked a question on this thread, and everyone has tried to help answer it apart from you. At least they understood the question to begin with.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Nice quote string. It's much clearer now. And I agree with you that the dyno runs of 2 cars on the same dyno tells NOTHING of whether it was the FD or a better conditioned engine that contributed to that power difference.

But I disagree with all the arguments. Barefootbanzai... Stop the swearing and the insults. Any more arguing and the thread will be locked to cool down.
    Last edited by aaronng; 04-10-2006 at 08:45 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    yeah that's kool man. but the question was, did the FD contibute to the power difference or not, not who's making more power.

Increasing torque is increasing power at the same time. If i am wrong, pls correct me.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by string

fatboyz39: Do you have links to these claims from Limbo, or are you just agreeing with him for fun?
    Yes but i CBF posting it up mate.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai
    yeah mate, i'm just a doubt ass mechanic. You're too fuc ken intelligent to explain things to the likes of me. You're right about me not understand what the hell you're on about.

PS. I asked a question on this thread, and everyone has tried to help answer it apart from you. At least they understood the question to begin with.
    Again with the making a fool out of yourself.

If you care to open you eyes, you'll find my answer to your question on the first page. Infact, out of everyone in this thread, i've probably tried to answer it the most.

How a vauge response (such as the one you dismissed mine in favour of) answers your question entirely is perfectly clear now. You are actually mentally handicapped. My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional
    Increasing torque is increasing power at the same time. If i am wrong, pls correct me.
    Correct, however remember power is a factor of torque and rpm. Gearing and final drive does not simply boost torque. You trade off rotation rate (wheel rpm) for an increase in torque. With a shorter final drive you might increase wheel torque by 10%, but relative to standard, you are spinning at a 10% slower rate, so over-all you have a net power gain of zero.
    Last edited by string; 04-10-2006 at 09:47 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai
    yeah that's kool man. but the question was, did the FD contibute to the power difference or not, not who's making more power.
    You can't tell from running both cars on the same dyno. The only way is to run your car on the dyno with the stock FD and then again after installing the shorter FD.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    You can't tell from running both cars on the same dyno. The only way is to run your car on the dyno with the stock FD and then again after installing the shorter FD.
    and that would be not practical. if i could do that then i wouldn't ask the question now would i.

-edited swearing- you've got PM. - aaronng
    Last edited by aaronng; 04-10-2006 at 11:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    String just a question, how many cars have your modded?

how many cars have you run on a dyno or taken to the track?
    Last edited by Limbo; 04-10-2006 at 10:37 PM.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION