Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    96 EJ8 Civic Coupe
    Hey Guys,

I have just purchased my first car and am already hungry for more horsepower. It's a 2000 Honda EK Civic sedan and the 1.6 L SOHC is starting to become boring. I was wondering if breathing mods such as exhuast and intake would be worthwhile or should I go all out and save for a B16A VTEC? Would this be a straightforward swap with a half-cut or am I lokking at expensive modifications to fit this motor? Do You think that this swap could be achieved with $3k? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanx

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    That current engine is not worth modding on, save for a b16a i say !!

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    It's a reasonably straight forward swap but remember to have a fair bit of cash lying around for anything and everything that my crop up.

also decide on how much power you want. and if you want to go boost or NA.

get weq to tell you about boosted d16's =)

-2ds

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic VTi
    depends on the setup your after mate. if you wanna stay n/a just put in a b18c or b16a and that should see some healthy gains, however if u want more power go the turbo route

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    currently all motor D16 sohc in usa is running low 10 sec down the quater mile... i know d16 engine is a blacksheep but there is still alot of aftermarket parts for it.
    b16 , b18 engine got more potential as it is....
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Quote Originally Posted by supersamEK

Do You think that this swap could be achieved with $3k?
    Hey man unless your gonna be doing it yourself your gonna be looking at around the $5K mark

is it a waste of time? well yes and no, it is possible to achieve a good time with a sohc d16 as yonas mentioned - but be prepared to spend a fair bit of cash and time on working on the engine.... alternativley, you could just get a b16a, save you a bit of time, have a fairly decent power upgrade from standard (d16) and it would still have a bit of potential. if you want to be original, why not give the d16 a go
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    ALLMTR d16's are expensive, more expensive then if u swapped out a b16 and worked on it id say.. There is only one hope for the d-series...
    (see sig)
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    ALLMTR d16's are expensive, more expensive then if u swapped out a b16 and worked on it id say.. There is only one hope for the d-series...
    (see sig)

The man has a point. . . .Id rather a snail on the side than any ghey-DM y0 transplant in my D series LOL

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    (see sig)
    what is ur 1/4 mile time slip ...
    hmm just wondering on what a boosted d16 can do
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    keep the d, they kick arse man. think where u will be if you spent the same amount of money on your d16 that you would on a b16 swap.
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Never been to the track. From only cars ive raced, id hazard a guess of very low 14 to high 13's if i could drag properly.

In the US unbuilt D's at 10-11psi can go as long as 13.4~ with a good driver.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.