You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2

Header w/OEM ITR exhaust mods

Gday all,

I'm planning my next set of mods to my DC2R, and i want to put most of my money into getting a quality header.

I read on here somewhere that someone actually put a aftermarket header on, and insted of changing the rest, cleared up some bottlenecks along the OEM DC2R system to allow better flow, and got some good gains. My budget wont extend to a cat back too ATM, so im thinking of getting the header, maybe a high flow cat (good idea?) and doing some bits and peices to the rest of the exhaust based on what ive read before.

Does anyone know who the member is who did this? or does anyone have an idea of what i can change to make it flow better?

thanks fellas

Kalen

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    get the toda header. best bank for you buck. i think toda au sells them for $1500 and the other headers that come out of the US are $1600+
    the SMSP header ($1600)is suppose to be the best on the US market. but look at how it compared to the toda header

you can find more header comparisions here
    http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=616
    Last edited by jimmeh; 26-09-2006 at 11:19 AM.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    thanks champ, i was planning on getting Toda anyways, but i think TODA AU sells them for 1500... last time i looked.

i was kinda keen to understand a little more about the rest of the exhaust though

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    std zorst is 2.25 with a few hickup...

i have heard people.. re-welding a few bottle neck sections.. which from memory is..:

just after the cat and at the axel flange..

Just your car up and have a look its really obvious..... you can get all the 2" parts cut out and enlarged to 2.25 to make it ideal for cheap..

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    bottleneck is in the secondaries of the manifold, If you change the headers you should be fine.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    ok, so ill take a look and see where it can be worked on, but does it really make a difference? to the flow?

anyone recommend a good exhaust shop on the north side? or anywhere?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Pm dynodave

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    for the best flow your best off changing the whole system and not retaining any stock piping

I'm selling my high flow cat its got 2 1/2 inch flanges
    i actually noticed a differant sound and not more power but the powerband changed to lower so it made a differance

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39
    Pm dynodave
    Thanks Jimmy
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group