Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I hope it is using direct injection and 12.5 compression ratio like the Lexus!

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    12.5 hectic lol.

The new Legend V6 uses direct injection doesnt it?
    I'm suprised Honda didnt use it for their K series (Euro and DC5).

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    12.5 hectic lol.

The new Legend V6 uses direct injection doesnt it?
    I'm suprised Honda didnt use it for their K series (Euro and DC5).
    Legend's V6 doesn't have direct injection. The only direct injection Honda engine is the i-VTEC I 2.0L engine used in the JDM Stream. http://www.honda.co.jp/tech/auto/eng...tec/index.html

I think the reason why Honda didn't use direct injection in the K series is because direct injection requires clean fuel. They wouldn't have been able to sell K-series equipped cars in countries such as the middle east where the fuel has a high content of sulfur.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

but here we are! Lexus IS250, Audi RS4, BMW M5, E90 3 series, VW Golf GTI have used direct injection to get a high compression ratio and therefore efficiency and power! If you see all these engines have break the 100Nm/litre mark, unlike the honda K24 who only gets 93Nm/litre. Not really bad I guess since the K24 is I4.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by curik View Post
    but here we are! Lexus IS250, Audi RS4, BMW M5, E90 3 series, VW Golf GTI have used direct injection to get a high compression ratio and therefore efficiency and power! If you see all these engines have break the 100Nm/litre mark, unlike the honda K24 who only gets 93Nm/litre. Not really bad I guess since the K24 is I4.
    Those cars are not sold in countries that use poor quality fuels like south east asia. Anyway, direct injection is like VTEC. It's good, but you don't need it to make a good performing engine. Example, Legend's 3.5L V6 is SOHC (gasp!), regular fuel injected, requires only 91 RON and yet it makes 100 Nm/litre!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    So whats the point of this new continuous VTEC? Just lower emissions and better fuel economy?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMVTEC View Post
    So whats the point of this new continuous VTEC? Just lower emissions and better fuel economy?

It doesnt necessarily make more peak horsepower, but it improves torque, efficiency, and smoothness over the whole rev range.

So instead of a classic VTEC engine giving you a big "kick in" at a fixed RPM like an on/off Light Switch, its more like a Volume Knob, giving you many smaller kick-ins spread over the RPM range, so to speak.