Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: which to go?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    89 Prelude
    theres nuffin wrong wit a gen 3, u just gota look for a good one, just make sure everythings ok, if he wants a gen3 let him get one, i got one a no big problems at all,

Yeh... i mean i'm a former proton owner.. so i know what minor problems are all about! except that my car was a 98 and it was happening.
    I just love the drive of the prelude and i understand the age of any model i can afford, will have its problems. but thats part the fun.
    I wanna find one firstly thats not silver! haha and that looks fairly good for its age and that drives like a prelude...

i'm now edging towards a gen 3 but i'll ultimately go for the first one i see and drive that i fall in love with. i just know that the gen 4s are harder to come by and wanna know your opinions on whether its worth the wait or whether its realistic in my budget.

decisions!!

i'm trying to be patient but it blows bubbles not having a car!

My sister is selling 4 gen for 8k Si that is
    too bad im in adelaide!!!

grrr!
    no surprises!! damn east! :P

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    try PreludeAustralia.com for some inspiration :P

Thanks will do...
    Theres one i'm looking at today.. which has done plenty of k's but had it reconditioned 60000k's ago... i'm gona go check it out and see...
    the 270000k's scares me a bit but might be cool if everything's been done.
    will let youz know what its like. along with another couple this weekend.. all being gen 3.

I'd definetly go the 3rd gen for $7500, the only 4th gen which will outperform it is the VTiR which will cost you well over 10k.

I much prefer the 3rd gen styling over the newer 4th gen. The 4th gen just never lived up to the 3rd gens superb drive, not to mention the 4th gens interior...

I think the 4th gen is showing how old it is, while the 3rd gen keeps its timeless, not gimicky looks. Obviously you'll proberbly struggle to find one in good condition, but 7500 is in the upper end of 3rd gen prices.

Obviously this is just my opinion, some prelude owners love the 4th gen styling, but i much prefer the 3rd gen / 5th gen.
    Last edited by 91'lude; 03-10-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Definitely go the 3rd gen... you can get a good example for $7,500.

I bought my 1991 S2 3rd gen for $10k but it's mint and only 68,000kms on it. I've had it for a year and there have been no problems at all. None.

And also, the 3rd gen (as with most preludes) had power everything: mirrors, windows, sunroof etc.

Come over to preludeaustralia.com and we'll help you out =)

i've found a gen 3...
    its gun metal grey, 180000kms and i have him down to 5g.
    Body is close to mint and interior is awesome.
    its had its timing belt done at 150000kms and new clutch and muffler.
    drives SOOO smooth!
    i've had an RAC inspection on it and i pick up the report this afternoon...
    wish it/me luck aye!
    i'll post up picks if i get it

also,
    its fully original... flike tape deck and all haha

i have 17" HP's to put on and will get a stereo put in straight away.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Good stuff!! Hope it works out well

Hope it works out...

but new clutch/muffler isn't stock :P