u can get an aus spec k20 for like $8k

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by preludacris
    h22a is stronger anwyz ..

What makes you say that? any proof?

Member Array
    H22A is defenately the better option IMO. 6k is a big difference. i think i saw a type S H22A halfcut on tradingpost for $4500 2 weeks ago. correct me if im wrong but the type S h22a is 240hp, 20 more than the normal h22a.
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Interesting H vs K I how many of you people have first hand experience with comparing these engines side by side ? and not quoting what a sales broucher tells you.I have a soft spot for both of these engines but if I had the money I would go K but not 2lt.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 VTI-R HB Civic

H series vs. K series

[QUOTE=fatboyz39]What do u guys think would be a better conversion between the two?

h22a 220hp Type S (jdm spec) - 6k
    k20a2 200hp (aus spec) - 12k

Fatboy,

Have a look at some of my mate Dave Hickmans work. Look at his car and he's pulling "300" True WHP out of his H22. If you want to win, Go the H...
    Too much stuff still being trial and error with the K series for them to have the necessary 1 up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda...spagenameZWDVW

Cheers,
    Last edited by JohnnyVtec; 29-09-2006 at 12:59 PM.
    Johnny B.

Representing DH-R All Day Everyday
    http://www.dh-racing.com/motors.html

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    bb1
    i emailed JUN a few months back and theyre lookin for about 4k and abit to ship down a piston and conrod kit. for the h22a, note they are high comp pistons aswell.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    K24a Ftmfw

Member Array
    Car:
    K20-EG Drag Car
    if you go k20.. then get a good header and hondata with a good tune on a K20a2 you'll make 200-220whp on a JDM K20A you'll make 220-235whp..

Or go the H22 and get a b-series gbox conversion kit and run a B-series box for better ratios. remove the balancing shafts to help reduce the weight and away you go..

Future mods as far as $$$ for HP goes you'll buy better stuff for the K-series than the H22 on a factory K20a2 block you can make around 250whp with very little effort.. and with a streetable set-up you can produce around the 270-280whp with new rods and pistons..

Issues with K-series conversions and reliability include big end bearings, chain tensioner failure(in early models), some gbox issues in early models, some oil pump issues in early models aswell.. but late 2002 onwards have had most of the issues fixed..

My previous car was an EH sedan with H22a from an SI Lude

Now I have an EJ8 with a JDM Integra R K20a

And overall my biggest reason I would have the 'K' over the 'H' is the gearbox. Shorter ratios, 6 speed and LSD.

I'd go H22 with H2B conversion

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin3180
    My previous car was an EH sedan with H22a from an SI Lude

Now I have an EJ8 with a JDM Integra R K20a

And overall my biggest reason I would have the 'K' over the 'H' is the gearbox. Shorter ratios, 6 speed and LSD.
    h22a from a Si lude is completely different to a h22a type S. Type S gearbox has different gearing(shorter) 5peed gearbox with LSD and the ATTS.

Did you get a chanve to run you eh seden with the h22a down the quater?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by IN73GZ
    u can get an aus spec k20 for like $8k

8k is expensive for aus spec k20. You need to factor in that you CAN'T use the aus spec ECU, driveshafts.