Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help... Sub

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    hey peeps,
    alrite on friday nite, turned the car on and stereo on and realised was no bass. so popped the boot and realised my sub isnt working.
    now the amp is turning on etc.
    ive checked all the connections etc, but i cant seem to get it working. anyone kno wat this prob could be?? could it just be a blown fuse? if so how do i check for blown fuses?

i was playing around with the amp earlier (just having a browse through like u said marty) and dont kno if i may of set something by accident. does anyone kno how reset the amp to factory settings? its a Alpine MRD-M300.

Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    poke it with a stick works for me
    bennjamin says:
    bennys penis shrunk abt when i started taking the 250 to 17000 llover the place

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    is that the digital amp? and yeah check your fuses, pull them out and just replace them with same fuses, saves the hassel of thinking they're not blown when they are. also the wiring on the sub itself? my have vibrated loose.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    oh and if the amp resets you have to reset all the settings cos of that digital input on those alpine amps, i hate them! lol

Member Array
    Car:
    VIP Nissan Cima
    Might want to check if the sub is alright as well... If it has blown the cone will be very stiff, and wont want to move in or out (you can usually tell pretty quickly when you push the cone lightly.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Javed
    oh and if the amp resets you have to reset all the settings cos of that digital input on those alpine amps, i hate them! lol
    lol, isnt there a way to check? coz i dun wanna go buy fuses for no reason. yeh its the digi amp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominik
    Might want to check if the sub is alright as well... If it has blown the cone will be very stiff, and wont want to move in or out (you can usually tell pretty quickly when you push the cone lightly.
    i doubt it coz my amp isnt even powerful enuff to run my sub, unless something else happened. but i'll check.

thanks for the help so far guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    VIP Nissan Cima
    Actually, underpowering a sub can be as bad as overpowering it! When your amp is pushing at it's limits, it will tend to clip the sound waves to put out a short DC burst... The louder you push it, the more DC you get until the sub says 'enough!' and fries.

Dont know much about this digital amp stuff though, so that could be the problem...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    does ur head deck adjust the bass volume it could be thats u prolly chnaged the setting on ur head deck and u prolly diddent know it .?

Calvo, have you turned the bass comp function off dude?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    i just checked, its on.

i ran a multimetre check on the sub box terminals and i didnt get a reading. i was told should be getting .5 Volts yeh?? i also tried it straight from the amp terminals, where the speaker wire is connected too. nothing also.

im beginning to think my amp might be just faulty, if so, its under warranty anyways.

Lets start at the subwoofer first. Take the two speaker cables out of te enclosure and put the multimeter on it. It should read 4ohms if the subwoofer is a 4ohm varitey. If there is no reading then a wire has probably come off the sub itself.

Let's check one thing first.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    well brang it to the shop i bought my amp from, and after them running all their tests and shit, figured it was my amp. blown outputs or sumfin like that. lucky its my amp coz its under warranty

thanks for the help guys.