Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type R engines

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe

Type R engines

HI i was just wondering can anyone help me with a priceing on a ITR engine, and gear box cost.,,,,would it fit on a civic 99ek striaght it, or is there goin to be problems. can u please send me some links on a ITR engine swap into a civic, and also any places that i can get these, thanks for the help

moved to noob forum

price ? About $5-7k for a "front cut" of a b18c(7) R engine. Add another $1-2k ontop for basic labour and to get it running.
    IF you get a halfcut it should come with all mounts etc needed to fit your EK.
    After the engine is installed, it used your existing fuel system and most of the wiring so dont worry too much. Then , get a good mechanic to finish wiring up VTEC y0

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    i suppose you want us to spoon feed you your next meal too?
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    shouldn't be too much of a problem, but you do need to make sure your intaller knows how to do the wiring properly, and you need to buy ek4 or em1 wiring harness if your car is an ek1.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    contact me for the pricing of the swap if you are deadly serious..

I can proabably get you a turn around time of 1-2 days - complete drive in and drive out... provided everything is there for the installation..

Im from the same area...

you will either :

A) front cut... + OB2B engine wiring harness + ecu conversion harness
    B) if you havent got a b- series already you will need motor, gbox, starter, dizzy, OBD2B engine wiring harness, ecu conversion harness etc, etc.. EK4 Drive shafts.. ecu
    Last edited by BlitZ; 02-10-2006 at 12:30 PM.

Last edited by civicCXI; 02-10-2006 at 12:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    hey
    panda[cRx]
    big bad wolf
    wats ur problem, where here to help each other out , theres no need for coments like that. atleast everyone is nice anough to help me out,, and u no wat ,, wat goes around comes around.. thanks to everyone who help me out..very greatfull..

-edit-aaronng
    Last edited by aaronng; 02-10-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    wats the priceing on a k20 6speed gear box, or would it come with the full half cut..?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    chalrie at GPC has type r motor for sale try him

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    whats the pricing on a 6speed gear box from a type r, and would it fit on a 99-00 civic hatch

WTF.....

Ring around some places, no point asking us for prices, that would be like me asking you to be my accountant (provided you aren't one)

And would a 6-speed gearbox fit straight onto your 99-00 engine? YES!! I'm quite sure it will good luck with that. /sarcasm
    The CSS Gallery List - Website Submission Made Easier

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by cuongn
    hey
    panda[cRx]
    big bad wolf
    wats ur problem, where here to help each other out , theres no need for coments like that. atleast everyone is nice anough to help me out,, and u no wat ,, wat goes around comes around.. thanks to everyone who help me out..very greatfull..

-edit-aaronng

and the funny thing is, this bloke just opened up a shop and is trading to everyone here.... just pick up a gun and shoot your foot off