Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    I will find a picture of my car with no lips. running on lows these pictures were takin about 1 day after i put them in. ( my car scrubs with someone in the back and car wont roll with 4 heavy people it just sites on the tyres. so i am going to try a 195 instead of a 205 so this may be what you will need to do ) and im going lower in a monthish time.

and with lips not hte best picture to use as the car looks a km high.

Last edited by nugget666; 02-10-2006 at 05:26 PM.
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    super low is not as low as it sounds

get the rite tyre profile n u'll b ok wifout scrubbing

eg. i got superlows.. had fat fives 15's + 205/55 profile
    scrubs on fulllock

eg. i had 17's wit 205/40.. never had a issue incl. hafing a full car...

so look more into ur tyre prfile
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Civic GLi (Turbo)
    I still don't get it. I have 205/40 on the back because the 215/40 were rubbing all the time (with just my wife (45kg) and daughter (10kg) in the car) and it still rubs with just me in it on bumps, and even more so with all of us in again...

Maybe the offset is wrong....is it possible to grind the inside hub of the rim to change the offset?

Sorry to hijack the thread...

i have superlows on my car and i've got 15" ek4 stockies and i hardly get any scrubbing even with a full car load.. i mainly have 3 girls in the car tho.. don't know if they're that heavy but i rarely get scrubs..

ps. thanks kn1ghtm4r3
    ozhonda.com = ozhomo.com

Get superlows. they will be fine, and then get konis so u can drop the back down and make it level as the kings sit higher at the back, looks weird.

I am still using my stock 15's running with 195/50's and i have no trouble with scrubbing unless i have a few passengers, then i struggle.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen5 VTi-R Prelude
    Are EK and EM springs any different at all?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    pretty sure no diff
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    i had super lows .. they didnt scrap.. both when i had 17's and 16's..

I think all the people who mention about scrapping is because they proabably had the wrong offset..

Or they wont running STD shocks... konies by it self will already lower the car as their default perch is already slighty lower..

when i kane it at the track.. my car rolls alot and the wheels tuck right under and nicely in my guard... look how much ground clearence i have.. btw my guards arent even rolled..

38+ offset wheel. x6.5 wide.. 205/50/15

Its goes right under.. From memory OEM rims are like 42+ offset.. they would sit even inner inside the guard.. however they are only 6" wide

Last edited by BlitZ; 02-10-2006 at 09:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR GSR
    I still don't get it. I have 205/40 on the back because the 215/40 were rubbing all the time (with just my wife (45kg) and daughter (10kg) in the car) and it still rubs with just me in it on bumps, and even more so with all of us in again...

Maybe the offset is wrong....is it possible to grind the inside hub of the rim to change the offset?

Sorry to hijack the thread...
    what offset is your wheels..

The back shouldnt ever scrap with > +38 offset as the camber you would get would get the rear wheels tucking in the guard..

Maybe because its 215... kinda an overkill for 1.6 litrs though

and also 215/40 is alike a fair bit bigger than 205/40 in diameter...
    Last edited by BlitZ; 02-10-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Quote Originally Posted by kelviN
    Are EK and EM springs any different at all?
    not for kings and about 80% of other manufacturers.. they use the same rates and everything too..

Hell... i reckon heaps of manufacturers.. even use the same spring for most Tegs and civic...
    thats why sometimes u see the higher rears.. its proabably cause its shared with the teg platform as the rear is slightly heavier

PICS of my koni SUPERLOWS... it really isnt that low..
    Last edited by BlitZ; 02-10-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Vtir Coup
    ive got a super lows and the car is sitting on 18" rims...no rubbing or anything at all...its rides bloody stiff though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Hey man.. i think u live like down the road from me..

See the car all the time..

Quote Originally Posted by honda_ek4
    heres mine on superlows.. i had a full car load this morning and it was quite low..