Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: legal?

legal?

just curious

are these legal? (velocity stacks)

how do these guys run it unfiltered?

It looks like theres no filter, but obviously I cant confirm it.

From what i've read there are minimal gains on a stock engine. Whats the best way to get gains out of this, if any?

Again, i'm just curious.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Michael/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    The funnell would run to a filter enclosed in a box of some sort, and being placed at the very front of the car can gain maybe 1 kw or two at speeds of more than 140km/h due to the ram effect, but then all road dust and grime will enter and dirty the filter in no time. IMO, put that intake pipe just behind the bumper away from direct air flow to avoid dust, stones and insects and you will still get the same cool air and performance with less maintenance in less than 140km/h driving which is admittedly 99.9% of the time.

this is what it looks like

so it doesn't go to a box with a filter
    Last edited by michael_antoi; 04-10-2006 at 08:20 PM.

s tune Array
    Car:
    link doesn't work

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    ive seen another pic where the velocity stack was inbetween the air filter and the intake pipe

s tune Array
    Car:
    No filter! I've seen intakes without filters but only on drag setups and located in the engine bay. Its a bit stupid for the street if you ask me......

Quote Originally Posted by chai
    ive seen another pic where the velocity stack was inbetween the air filter and the intake pipe
    yup like this one

http://www.bpinitiatives.com/products.html#Photo_2

is there any way to run a filter but have the velocity stack exposed...(like in the first pic)

IS that gonna run straight into the intake or is it leading the air to the air filter ?

s tune Array
    Car:
    Yeah you just need to fit an airbox with good flow properties to house the filter.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    heard it gives pretty good gains though coz yonas from jdmyard was suggested that i should get a custom cai with the velocity stack inbetween the airfilter. i decided to go injen cai instead

looks pretty sweet with it exposed