Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021
    Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK1
    so ive got one genuine ek9 tail light and one ek1 tail light, planning to do diy on the ek1 one.. will there be problems? eg. brightness etc. =S

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    Quote Originally Posted by McDognalds View Post
    so ive got one genuine ek9 tail light and one ek1 tail light, planning to do diy on the ek1 one.. will there be problems? eg. brightness etc. =S
    There shouldn't be if you buy the right / same light bulb as the other one.

Good DIY man !

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    on my ek9, the bottom doesnt light up when brake pedal depressed. only top part

the bottom is fitted with a T10 globe (i think 5-10watts)

thats what i see, and how it is from factory
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    Quote Originally Posted by neo_phase View Post
    Yea I'm 100% certain it's an 8mm nut on the tail lights. I did however, remove the trim on the speaker that's sitting above the lights in order to get to that cranky nut.

I believe I did connect the wrong wires. Didn't bother checking before connecting them as I got the passenger's side correct the first time.

On the passenger's side: Red (new bulb) to Red (tail light) and Black to Black and Green not connected. So I just took it for granted that it's the same on the driver's side.

What a flop!
    anyone who is also trying to remove there tailights.

just buy a 8mm open/closed end spanner

worked for me without removing any interior plastics except the ones to change globes

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK1, Evo8
    Cheers for this DIY, I absolutely love the rear of my civic now looks awesome. I admire it everytime I go for a drive at night!

Only difference I did was, instead of having them come up when I broke, I just have them running as parker lights (Like the real EK9) and I used T10 LEDs as well.