Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    no worries mate, its good to see a another person battling through carpc's too you seem to be doing a pretty damn good job!

that skin is called Crystal Blue and is for road runner.

I used road runner cos its free and has plenty of aftermarket support and skin developers on the mp3car.com community.

If you have some basic programming skills and graphic design skills, it is very very easy to make skins for road runner. Ie, a fully customizeable head unit. You even get to choose the, buttons, visualizations, fonts, everything.

Takes a lot of patience thats all.
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by bungsai View Post

that skin is called Crystal Blue and is for road runner.

I used road runner cos its free and has plenty of aftermarket support and skin developers on the mp3car.com community.

If you have some basic programming skills and graphic design skills, it is very very easy to make skins for road runner. Ie, a fully customizeable head unit. You even get to choose the, buttons, visualizations, fonts, everything.

Takes a lot of patience thats all.
    It's a fun project and well worth battling through for the results, even though it's not finished pretty happy with where it's heading. There's been a little more to it than i first thought, but nothing to hard to overcome.

Thanks again for the info, i will download it tonight and have a look at it, downloaded centrafuse the other day it's nice but way 2 $$ for what it is, also had a look at media engine seems pretty sweet, limit skins for it so far but not to hard to mod. Will defiantly have a look at road runner.

Got 2 RCA splitters at lunch time and some cables have both front and rear running, nice to have full sound back. next job is take out stoke rears speaker and install some jaycar ones i have lying around.
    See my Car here
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L VTEC.
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L

Got the Response AMP tonight, will be tomorrows install project
    See my Car here
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    best choice. evar. for this project on a budget.

Keep at it mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Downloaded roadrunner, very impressed with it so far, very well layed out, and easy to use.. will try it with that crystal blue skin tonight after amp install
    See my Car here
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Ordered my 12" sub today, should have it on Tuesday will finally have some decent base

Last edited by Dray_Templar; 19-02-2008 at 08:17 PM.
    See my Car here
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Grr just found out there out of stock and won't be in untill next month not happy, arh well ordered a second one so least i will be able to put them both in when i get them..
    See my Car here
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    received my 3x (gold plated plugs 3 meter 3.5mm to RCA leads Today) From Ebay.

so will be able to have a play with surround sound tonight, and see if i will use it or just go with the stereo..

Took stock 6x9's out of rear and install Jaycar 6x9's there 45WRMS 3 way i think.. not that impressed with them but will do until after i get subs sorted.

Update: Set up surround sound, it's pretty cool seems to be working well. not sure what to use for front center speaker.. any suggestions?
    Last edited by Dray_Templar; 19-02-2008 at 08:16 PM.
    See my Car here
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Installed Roadrunner, works great so far, but modded it a little will post pics later .
    See my Car here
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi

dray, can you tell me how to overcome the power supply of yr setup? have a computer really but not sure using cig power or direct fm front. also thinking the pike start voltage issue. yr help would be greatful

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    He is using a device called an M2 ATX. It wires into the car like an amp (power, remote and ground) and then provides output in the form of a normal computer power supply which you then plug into the motherboard/hdd.

Others to look at are the

DSATX
    M2ATX
    Opus 150
    Opus 200

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord 1998 V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by AusAccord View Post
    dray, can you tell me how to overcome the power supply of yr setup? have a computer really but not sure using cig power or direct fm front. also thinking the pike start voltage issue. yr help would be greatful
    I'm running power straight from battery, with a 15amp fuse close to the battery, as far as i no, the cig light will be fused allready but don't think it will handle the current the pc will draw, and i wouldnt want to try it, as it will most likey blow the fuse, and if you put a larger fuse in might start melting wires nope not good.

Run some 20amp or higher wire from your battery to the Carpc, with a fuse as close the battery as possible.

Have you allready got the power supply for the carpc? if it's bigger than the m2-ATX you might want to use even larger wire..

The pic has to red wires in it the large 4gage is for the amps and sound system.. the smaller one is for the carpc, it has a fuse in a black holder (from dicksmith electronics), this runs from the battery to the carputer.

if you need anymore help please ask,
    See my Car here
    Carputer
    MySpace come say hi