Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I recently found a private seller selling his honda accord 94 vti-s for $9000. The owner (a chick) claims it is in excellent condition. Of course I havent checked it 1st hand yet but its done 214000 km. Does anyone think this is a good deal? Because from what I've heard, engine rebuilding can make it run like new again? and that'll cost about 2000. which makes it 11000 all up for a vti-s... hrmmm..should i check it out?

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    IMHO if you decide to rebuild the engine, just do an engine swap to a H22A. It will cost more but it will be much better than rebuilding the current engine.

Else I don't know much abot Accords...hehehe

haha.. yeah!
    i just asked about that in another topic..
    wouldnt buyin an engine+installation be a fair bit more than just an engine rebuild..

does an engine rebuild actually make it run like new??.. i was jes wondering..

sorry if i sound like a newbie.. but i gotta consider all the facts b4 i can buy the accord!!..which i really want..

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    it shouldnt need a rebuild at only 214,000km anyway, but yeh i think its a good deal if the car is in good nick

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    that is farkin cheap...

perfect for someone wanting to do a H22A conversion

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    How much on average is a H22A conversion anyways Calvin?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    really depends...
    if u do it urself, lookin at approx $3k for engine? think thats wat cam paid for a half cut. then u gotta factor in shit that goes wrong.
    do it at a decent workshop looking at $6k-7k+...

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    9000 is a bargin price for that car, which is my fav aswell. Remember the diff in a h22a and the accord engine, h22a is probably better in a straight line than the f22b is it (i forget), but i would prefer to keep my accord with its original engine (if i had one)

i think my friend picked up his one (same car, similar ks) for around 7/8k at an auction....
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Luxury
    fark dude thats an awesome price. when i was lookin around for my car i couldnt get one below 12k and that was for an EXi. only reason i didnt get one was cause i couldnt get one in a manual that was within my budget

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Usual Suspect
    9000 is a bargin price for that car, which is my fav aswell. Remember the diff in a h22a and the accord engine, h22a is probably better in a straight line than the f22b is it (i forget), but i would prefer to keep my accord with its original engine (if i had one)
    the H22A shits all over the F22B in all aspects. much better engine. once u experience it u'll realise
    F22B was never made to be a "performance" engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    except the F22B is better for boost, thats the only aspect where you can say it has an advantage over the H22A