This is a mod to make the little blue/red light brighter with just 1 part, No it is not a LED.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
First things first.
This is a advanced how to where you will need to have some electronic and soldering skills.

I can not be held responsible for you voiding your warranty if honda find out what you have done.

I can also not be held responsible if you blow fuses or the LED.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Removal of the 2 screws that hold the front light in place and make sure you take proper steps to prevent any short circuits, keep doors closed, turn off the power to lights at the switches.

Step 2: Once off you need to disconnect the power connector by pressing the tab and pulling back gently(this is one of the main wiring harnesses(main harnesses are expensive so dont damage it))

Step 3: Remove the cover to reveal the wire traces.

Step 4: Remove the bulbs from their sockets and we can also see the main annoyance that is the cause of the dim blue light.

Step 5: A close up of it.
WHY USE A 22KΩ RESISTOR HONDA?

Step 6: Turn the right hand side 501 socket 90° and lift out.

Step 7: Lift out the traces and bend them back slowly.

Step 8: Lift the negative trace out from the corner, the LED will pop out when you do this.

Step 9: Do not lose it

Step 10: : Lift one side of the resistor out

Step 11: Start doing the same to trace that hold the end of the resistor, you may need to attack it from all sides

Step 12: Once out remove that resistor

Step 13: Reinsert the traces back to whence they came

Step 14: Shape the new resistor so that the legs touch to negative sides but before you do that put some heat shrink around it so you do not cause any shorts, i used a 2.2KΩ Resistor as it is all i had.

Step 15: Solder down the resistor, it may be a bloody pain as solder does not stick down to tin?, aluminium? i dont know but it is a pain as the solder does not really stick to it

Step 16: Once Soldered down time to re install the LED, NOTE the key (cut square thing) this is the way the led should go in.

Step 17: reinstall the 501 socket and then the trace cover.

Step 18 Install back in the car using the same caution as when you removed it.

Step 19: Test it with the cover on, hoping you didn't do anything there should be no issues.

By doing this you are going from from 400ľA to 4mA and LEDs normally run at 20mA, so you should get at least 2x more light from this mod, depending upon what resistor you use, BUT DO NOT GO UNDER 750Ω(unless you know what you are doing and know ohms law), the LED calculator says for a LED of 3.6 volts and 20mA with a source voltage of 12V the resistor needed is 470Ω but you do not want to go to full brightness and have some leeway.

Type R owners: Since your LED is red and not blue, it runs at 2V instead of 3.6v this means you will need a larger resistor for full brightness you will need 560Ω so same rules apply as above just go to a slightly higher Ω rating like 850Ω.