Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Blue_Steel
    Wheres the air gonna enter. Wont it get too hot?

Sorry didnt see ur pipe jump too soon.

Looks great! Good job!
    Last edited by Blue_Steel; 13-10-2006 at 08:21 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Steel
    Wheres the air gonna enter. Wont it get too hot?

Sorry didnt see ur pipe jump too soon.

Looks great! Good job!
    Nah, you were right. I was running the car for a few weeks without the pipe and it did get hot. I didn't really notice a difference in performance, but the coolant temperatures were slightly higher even when cruising.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Blue_Steel
    WHy didn't u just opt for a CAI? Cops won't bother u cus the pod isn't in the engine bay.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    WHy didn't u just opt for a CAI? Cops won't bother u cus the pod isn't in the engine bay.
    I wanted to be different and have a dry pod. My pod doesn't use oil for filtration. Getting a CAI and then this pod would cost me over $500.

Anyway, SRI + enclosure has less loss on the lower RPM end.

Blue_Steel
    Try ebay mate u could get cheaper ones. does the same job

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Try ebay mate u could get cheaper ones. does the same job
    I'm dodgy in the way I do my DIYs, but I don't compromise on quality. I won't touch any of the filters that I have no idea about the filtration quality. Intake piping maybe.

Same with my ground cable and airbox, I use only the best in materials and I go about it in a scientific way.

BTW, I notice you drive a Sportivo? Come to the meets!! I like Sportivos very very much. I nearly bought one before settling on my Euro.
    Last edited by aaronng; 13-10-2006 at 10:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Nah, you were right. I was running the car for a few weeks without the pipe and it did get hot. I didn't really notice a difference in performance, but the coolant temperatures were slightly higher even when cruising.
    The only problem i see with the open fog cover is that water (car wash/heavy rain) and a lot more dust can get in which means the filter will get dirty a lot quicker. I was going to dremmel some openings in the fog cover but eventually didn't do it.

What do you think about this?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz
    The only problem i see with the open fog cover is that water (car wash/heavy rain) and a lot more dust can get in which means the filter will get dirty a lot quicker. I was going to dremmel some openings in the fog cover but eventually didn't do it.

You obviously would.You could stick some mesh (metal.the type they use on screen doors)on the back of the cover with a hot glue gun.That should help a bit.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz

It does get more dusty, but water is not an issue. Then again, I wash my car using a watering can.

the painted box looks great in the engine bay now... the cusco bar looks like its floating haha

Hey - that airbox looks fabulous for a DIY job! WELL DONE!

I think what AARONNG has set up is definitely the BEST set up that can be available for the Euro, or most other cars... great minds think alike keke!!

I don't like the idea of CAI - the piping from engine to filter is just way too long.. !

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    nice work ghetto aaronng.... +1
    +kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R