Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    LOOKING FOR DC5

Turbo charge 5th Gen Vtec Prelude

Anyone know how much will be the cost and where to do it in Sydney? Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    VW MKV R32
    Probably looking at close to 10g to get a good job......

The NSW boys would be able to give you names of places to go to....

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    yeah budget about 8k minimum....target about 10k.....some of the big nsw boys will help out more tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 Prelude
    Are you stuck on the idea of turbo, or are you open to the idea of the Jackson Racing S/c, which is a better option in my opinion.
    "The sign of a good quote is that it has inverted commas at each end"
    -Shaun Micallef

You will be up for $10k easy..

There are a few places that can do this. and alot of places that will make a mash out of it. Prelude australia has members who have experienced both so it might be a good place to start.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by shecomb
    You will be up for $10k easy..
    listen to him

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    JRSC is very not cheap lol $4500 delivered i got quoted. Also dont know how efficient it is above 6 pound. Unlike your turbo options where u can change boost rate per application SC isnt as easy to adjust. and def cant do it on the fly. I realy think the JRSC is the better option for a street prelude though, it realy compliments the already great power curve just makes torque alott smoother. Also the JRSC replaces your intake manifold with its own and it cant be intercooled so on ausy hot days youl be blowing sum realy hot air :-s
    Turbo is good option.. never realy thought to do it myself but would be fun. I think cul8r's right 10 grand to do it properly. Ask Dyno Dave at redline motorsports to do it, i hear he is bomb and hes doing my engine :-) so has to be good haha hes in sydney

The supercharger is belt driven and requires a change in belt pulleys to adjust boost pressure.. Bit tricky to do on the fly!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    LOOKING FOR DC5
    Thanks guys. I am getting a quote from Redline and i will let you guys know the progress... Cheers...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    LOOKING FOR DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman
    JRSC is very not cheap lol $4500 delivered i got quoted. Also dont know how efficient it is above 6 pound. Unlike your turbo options where u can change boost rate per application SC isnt as easy to adjust. and def cant do it on the fly. I realy think the JRSC is the better option for a street prelude though, it realy compliments the already great power curve just makes torque alott smoother. Also the JRSC replaces your intake manifold with its own and it cant be intercooled so on ausy hot days youl be blowing sum realy hot air :-s
    Turbo is good option.. never realy thought to do it myself but would be fun. I think cul8r's right 10 grand to do it properly. Ask Dyno Dave at redline motorsports to do it, i hear he is bomb and hes doing my engine :-) so has to be good haha hes in sydney

Do you have their contacts?

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude VTi-R
    Search for Dyno dave in here, or email dynodave42@hotmail.com
    BB6 Prelude H22A4 CP 11.5:1 pistons, eagle rods, shaved deck 12.3:1 comp, Type S cams, lovefab header, s200, 65mm TB, 2.5" through...
    NA WARRIOR