Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead

semi slick advice

im looking for some advice on semi slicks. its time to get 4 new tyres so im looking at semi slicks this time round. i own an ef8 with 15' mr5 wheels. the current tyres are yokohama C Drives in 195/55/15. so far i havnt had any grip problems with these tyres except they havnt lasted me more than 5 months before being defectable. then again i havnt had any other tyres on the car so i have nothing to compare them to.

the car is a daily driver and i am looking at some track time in the future, both circut and drag. not looking to spend a huge amount just yet but any advice and feedback would be appreciated from those in the know.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    semi's won't last you long at all driving daily. hit edward up for a set of Advan AD07's if you want some gansta street tyres that'll last longer than semi's.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    so i guess another option would be to get a spare set of rims if i wanted semis?

how much for these AD07's barefoot?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by qstoria
    so i guess another option would be to get a spare set of rims if i wanted semis?

how much for these AD07's barefoot?
    Spare set of rims with Semi's when you go to track is the best idea. If your car is a Daily, then as Barefoot says its not worth it Getting Semis. Semis are much softer so will wear much quicker than Street tyres. Plus the tread depth on Semis are very little compared to streeters.

Have a look under the Traders Section, "Max-Hondapower" for the AD07's.
    Deano.

if u had no probs with the c drive

id suggest the a drive in the yokohama

or bridgestone g3

if u hardly go on track i prob wouldnt suggest semis coz they will get "hard" over a while of no use... and they will "dry" up. u wil end up havnig to rape them hard to get use of them again...

or you could even get a semi compound street tyre

ad07 as said above
    azenis rt215
    toyo ra1 ?

similar compound is ok but again you will shred them up fast if u use heaps.. coz they are a semi style compound.

Is AD048 any good?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Quote Originally Posted by free2d
    Is AD048 any good?
    Do you mean the A048? If so, they are proper semi-slicks, and from what I've heard, they are good. Not really suitable for daily driving.

I believe the RT215's are no more, and replaced by the RT615's.

Qstoria,
    Give me a call before going to buy tyres.
    I am getting some Falken sports azenis semi slicks for my car and plan to run them everyday
    They aren't that expensive, the rear ones wouldn't really get worn out and I would just be changing the front ones every say 20,000km which judging by how much the car gets driven means every 2 years! yay!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    i saw the ad07's for 200 each from max hondapower. they have some good reviews and are recommended by a fair few in the tyre review thread fairly often.

spetz, what sort of price and where abouts are u looking at these falken sports azenis from? if its local here then perhaps we can but 8 at a good price. i dont really wanna have to call you, u know that right? i think i need a spare set of rims to keep 2 sets of tyres..

thanks for the help so far everyone

haha f u qstoria
    Go back to your boyfriend and cry on his shoulder!

But seriously, the price is $239 per tyre in Canberra fitted. Price is the same for 15 and 16"
    I am going 16"

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    ahah sorry spetzs.. with

250 per tyre is the max i wanted to spend so maybe ill look at this. when where u gonna get yours?

Member Array
    Car:
    96 EJ8 Civic Coupe
    you may want to very careful using semi-slicks on the street, they can be dangerous and i personally dont recomend on the street for safety reasons.
    They still require a bit of heat to be effective compared to a street tyre, and if the road is greasy or wet they wont be good at all.
    From past experience not a good idea unless you are smart about it and responsible