Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    qstoria, probably not for a couple of months at the least. Only after I get it back from charlie

SamEK, you mean because at the limits the semi's will snap out easier?
    A friend uses bridgestone semi's and it's fine in the wet

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Even though I would not recomend semis in the wet. Semis are fine in the wet and I was surprised in how they good griped. The only problem is when you have puddles or sheets and sheets of water on the road. Aquaplaining becomes a problem and if you hit a puddle the car grips to one side. This is obvious to the tread design (or lack of it to shed water). And instead of dispersing the water, it is trapped (damed) up in front of the tyre.
    Deano.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Are you wearing your tyres on the inside or outside edges first?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    remeber there are different types of semi slicks. SOme are for drag racing, some are for track (Like alot mentioned in this thread) and some are for just a general better feel.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Are you wearing your tyres on the inside or outside edges first?
    Whos that question for aaronng?
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by spetz
    haha f u qstoria
    Go back to your boyfriend and cry on his shoulder!

But seriously, the price is $239 per tyre in Canberra fitted. Price is the same for 15 and 16"
    I am going 16"

are you talking about the price for azenis rt615?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    yeah i agree supersam. i think im going to go with some advan ad07 for the street and then look at getting some spare wheels fitted with the slicks

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 EG
    i thought that the AD07 werent dot approved? pls comfirm ppls
    cos if they arent dot approved then insurance wont pay a cent if u have any hicups

Quote Originally Posted by xtercii
    are you talking about the price for azenis rt615?

Not sure which ones they are, but they had sports in their name I am pretty sure? Might be a new model from Falken, not sure?

i didnt think the ad07 is dot approved either... :S , but edw rekns a few sizes are ? i dunnoz

oh and a bit off topic, qstoria, u had c drives that only lasted for 6 months ? how many km u drive ? i was considering these tyres, but if they only last 6 months , then stuff that .. :S

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by preludacris
    oh and a bit off topic, qstoria, u had c drives that only lasted for 6 months ? how many km u drive ? i was considering these tyres, but if they only last 6 months , then stuff that .. :S

i bought them in january and by august they were probably to worn to pass rego here in the act but definantly were not causing me any concern so i would say they would be good for 12 months. i would have driven approx 8000km off the top of my head. that said they were an excellent value tyre in terms of grip etc for the money (i paid 175 each, 2 at the front).

Can you still get C drives or is it an old model?
    Or is C drive what replaced the A539's?