Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    Quote Originally Posted by spetz
    Can you still get C drives or is it an old model?
    Or is C drive what replaced the A539's?
    The C drive range and the recently released A drive range is the new generation of tyres from Yokohama. The A539 series is an evolution of the old and legendary A509s. A few frens of mine have C drives in their cars but none drive too aggressively but they ride very well and pretty quiet and they are all v happy with them.

I have a set of BF Goodrich G force sport in 195/50R15 in my EG Si on a set of fat fives and they are great. The tread pattern, sidewall stiffness and breakaway characteristics are v simliar to the Bridgestone RE711s which they don't bring in anymore. Not dissimilar to the BRG GIIIs but much less flexy in the treads esp when the tyres are new. They are made in Thailand, $139each I paid and won't hesistate to get another set. The BFG's used to be the bogan choice of tyres in the bad old days, but now they are wholly owned by Michelin with right up to date R&Ds and know how from the parent company.

As for semi-slicks, I whacked on my set of race tyres (BRG RE540s) from my old BMW2002 racecar onto my E30 3 series for fun for a week. They were horribly noisy ie they rumble, grumble and resonate the whole car but of course much more grip than the BRG S02 tyres I normally had of the same size. Aside from the noise issue and a lot less gentle breakaway on the road they are a lot more puncture prone as they pick up every little rock on the road and of course other debris. With so much attraction to debris on the road your fenders behind the tyres would get a good sandblasting as well.

If it's possible it's best to buy the best hi performance road tyres you can get and another set of semi slick DOT legal race tyres and use that for track work and the occasional fast blast on the streets. They work the best after a trackday wihen all the tyres are nicely scruffed up so why not leave them on for the week following? I'm sure you'll have lots of fun doing that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by spetz
    Can you still get C drives or is it an old model?
    Or is C drive what replaced the A539's?

i had no problem finding them back in january this year but im not sure about getting them any more. not sure what the A539s are either.

EG30,
    I was tossing up between the Falken 452 and the Falken Semi slicks.
    Both are supposed to be great and both are really well priced.
    Qstoria, if you don't want semi's then the FK-452 would probably be awesome as well.

Only issue is from what I read the 452 have stiff sidewalls which is bad for traction

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    spetz, from what ive heard in this thread and from various other sources im leanng towards the ad07. at 200 each they sound like excellent value.

what are these 452's? maybe ill just keep the bald c-drives...

Check out FK-452 from Falken
    They are apparantly very sticky and very good
    They are Falken's best tyre and is ultra high performance (before going to semi's etc)
    And it is cheap as well, probably around the 200 mark as well

Visit Pats Tyres in Fyshwick. Or call me we'll go together cuz you can bargain the price with them too

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    NSW ppl can try AAA tyre factory at Guildford in Sdyney, they claim to have the cheapest Falken tyre anywhere in oz. For Azenis RT615, 205/50/15, they quoted me 140 each fitted and balanced. You tell me if that's a hectic price or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    spetz if they do it for 200 each fitted then id be in. the best i can find for the ad07 tyres are 200 each from edw-R on here but thats + 90 for shipping then i have to pay to have them fitted so id be looking at over a grand. wont be for a month at this rate though but ill let u know

xtercii where is that?
    How far from yenorra?

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    Very close, if you spit from Yennora it will reach Guildford. Anyway I’ve got a card at home will pm you the details. That place has good service too, all you can drink soft drinks and on hot days they even give you beers, my mate was loving his life last time he was there

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by xtercii
    Very close, if you spit from Yennora it will reach Guildford.

awesome.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S
    you can also get toyo proxes r888 for $130 each from the tyre shop next to tempe tyres. these are semi slicks too. i'm running toyo proxes t1-r in 195/50R15 and they seem to have awesome grip too. and i only paid $140 fitted and balanced at Blair's tyres.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin
    you can also get toyo proxes r888 for $130 each from the tyre shop next to tempe tyres. these are semi slicks too.