Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Accord

number of rim studs

hey, is it possible to get any rim with multistuds, i know some can but can all rims come in multistud or only some? i only ask cos my accord is a 4 stud and if i wanted to get a new car and keep my rims i'd have to choose carefully...
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    yes some rims do come in multistuds, not all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Many aftermarket rims are manufactured as "blanks" which get drilled to order or to demand. So yeh its possible you can get a 5 studded rim of the same design. But to modify a 4 stud to a 5 stud, that would compromise the strength of the rim.

I wouldnt trust the strength of those one-fits-all multistudded ones, they seem a bit dodgy.

Your best bet is to sell the 4 stud rims and buy the equivelent or similar 5 stud rims.

What brand and model are the rims?

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    unless you're planning to go from 4x114.3 -> 4x100 (not 5 stud), don't bother.. as Eurodude has stated, going from 4 stud to 5 stud weakens the rim somewhat..

but if you're going 4x114.3 -> 4x100, there are a few multistud rims available for those pcd's
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    92 Accord
    i don't have any rims i was just wondering incase i decided to sell the car and get a car which had 5 stud, cos my cousin had rims that fitted 4 stud and 5 stud, so was just wondering, i'll prob just get a 4 stud and do whatever later, cheers people

s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y
    hey mate, they are mainly 4 stud cars out there besides from, the
    DC2R,EURO,DC5R and a few others,
    Accords,civics ef, eg, ek and even integra ls,gsi etc come mostly in 4 stud.
    your best bet is to just buy rims to suit your accord as other cars besides the top few i have mentioned are usually 4 x 100 so this fits most of ur average cars.

regards
    Joe
    +kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R