Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F

Question Would you buy another new Euro?

If you were to buy / trade in for a new car, would you buy another Euro or something else?
    I am thinking of getting another new Euro but also thinking of changing up for something with a bit more power like a Mitsubishi Evo IX. The Mitsu's are about $56k new so that's in my price range.....very tempting indeed.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    EVO X will be out next year or early 08
    i wont pay for 5Xk for a car which will be an OLD MODEL after a year.
    I am saving for that hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive
    If you were to buy / trade in for a new car, would you buy another Euro or something else?
    I am thinking of getting another new Euro but also thinking of changing up for something with a bit more power like a Mitsubishi Evo IX. The Mitsu's are about $56k new so that's in my price range.....very tempting indeed.
    Is that $56k on the road? About 12 months ago when I tested the IX I was quoted something like $61k - but I guess that was the first price I was given without any bargaining. Make sure you drive it throughly before you commit - the driving experience was great but I wasn't impressed on the interior and the lack of features (no cruise control for example and the speedo increments are difficult to read). The car doesn't feel particularly solid either (close the boot or doors and you will see what I mean). To put it bluntly, you always get the feeling in the Evo that you are in a $25k car with an evil engine conversion. The STI has an all round better interior and solid feel in my opinion.

I wouldn't buy another Euro until the new generation is released with SH-AWD and a stack more power (turbo?).
    Last edited by yfin; 18-10-2006 at 02:47 PM.

buy a new sti
    GTIME > QBALL
    Team lonelydriver #36
    Team Hektik #1
    My Car for sale $5500 pm if interested

EVO 6.5 tommy!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro 6mt
    haha yer i would go for sumthing more sporty.. only because im 17 =P if onli my dad got me a type R instead of the euro hehe damn insurance
    not sayin euro is a bad car thou .. love it to death hehe
    Last edited by enkay; 18-10-2006 at 03:46 PM.

keep your euro, then trade up to the all new model like yfin suggested if your keen for an ugprade.

I personally think they're a great car and I plan to keep mine indefinitely (untill petrol runs out or I feel the need for a second car).

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    i've already done the turbo thing.
    drove an evo VIII and although the power was incredible, the interior or lack off was obvious as to the refinement which was non existant.
    new euro needs to be a 6 mps rival for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    I'm pretty happy with my Euro.If i had another 20k to spend i'd get the 07 Liberty GT.AWD,2.5 turbo

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    the Euro only needs 2 things to make it complete, imo

1. RWD
    2. V6 from the Accord

4cyl + fwd =

EUro needs

1. RWD as kam said
    2. A better engine that has 240Nm and 150Kw to match 325i

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    ive always had the idea of having 2 cars also

1 is the luxury daily car

2 is the all out performance car. a skyline or 180 can be had for dirt cheap, 20k (inc cost of car) and youve got a serious performance machine on your hands.