Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    There was a guy parked at maccas today with his hood open to show off his civic engine...ahd the works done to it, all chromed and shit...

Then i saw something... (which i've seen many time now that i think of it) its these "wires" or cables running from the top of the cylinder head/gasket thingie to somewhere else... i thikn they're called ignition leads or something

wtf do they do or is it just bling bling?

They are Spark leads. "Lead" from the distributor , to each individual Sparkplug - providing spark to ur engine ofcourse

If , there was MORE leads hanging off these leads...they would of been earthing wires for the spark leads - a hardcore mod to ground properly another electrical item in ur Car.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    does it actually improve? does it actually provide a fatter spark or nething? i wanna do it cos it looks cool, but is it worth it?

Member Array
    In my opinion ,
    I think a good spark plug can do the jobs more than the cable in terms of performance.
    really not sure abt that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    Is this what you are talking about?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewto...;highlight=diy

And if you’re thinking of getting aftermarket sparkplug leads

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewto...ds&start=0

Beware with some "performance" sparkplug leads you will actually lose power.

Quote Originally Posted by EKIV
    In my opinion ,
    I think a good spark plug can do the jobs more than the cable in terms of performance.
    really not sure abt that.
    Leads are just as important as the spark plugs.

everynow and then you should change your leads... and during every service (or ever other, watever u want) your plugs...

are u sure you're talking about ignition leads tho??

coz for some reason i think you're thinking about a earth grounding kit.

Quote Originally Posted by **Ghost**
    does it actually improve? does it actually provide a fatter spark or nething? i wanna do it cos it looks cool,
    :thumbsdown:

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hahahahaha... what? i wanna do it IF it does something and IF it looks cool... i dont get rice mods that dont do nething lemme clarify that

What do you mean??
    Some people just don't have a clue... of course riceories do actually do something man.

The ability for others to laugh at your car. j/k :P

To be frankly honest man...... I wouldn't bother with new leads ATM,

You haven't done the intake and exhaust yet yer? Do these first man.......... and stop fooling yourself that you want a stock car.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hehehehhe.... well at the least i want the exterior of the car to be stockish.... no matter wot i do inside