Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    99 em1 baby!
    my eg is twin cam and whatever else... not many major mods just a pissy air pod which i fit in myself..

problem is when the car is cold e.g in the morning or whenever and when i start it up it usually revs up to 2 (maybe just a bit over) and stays constant.. thing is after about 30seconds when its getting warm.. the revs fluctuate from about 1 to 2... just up and down up and down (over 1 second) continuous untill engine gets warmer (after say 2-3mins)...

anyone can help me?... it started about a month ago when daddy changed oil and filter and now is starting to get on my nerve..

cheers, tofu
    ask any ricer.. any real ricer..
    its not how you drive your car..
    its how you stand next to it.........

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    I had this issue and in fact it eventually got to the point where the idle was out permanently. I replaced the TPS (this will not be your problem - mine had been tampered with) but I also replaced the Fast Idle Valve to solve the errant idling.

Going through my EE8 (Euro CRX SiR) manual, it lists 3 things based on the symptoms you describe:

1)Fast Idle Valve
    2) EACV
    3) Bent idle screw from being over-tightened.

You might like to check the ECU to see if it is flashing and then check its code.

Not knowing your car or even seeing it, I wouldn't like to venture a guess, but you might like to have the 3 areas above checked.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX