Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    The owner of each dealer is different. If you were talking Larke Hoskins at Parra and Larke Hoskins at Rosebery, then that's like woolies and woolies. But if they are different dealers owned by different companies, then it's coles and woolies.
    understood
    i just assumed they'd have set rules/prices to follow to keep things universal under the honda banner... guess some dealers are just jerks!
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by kraiye
    understood
    i just assumed they'd have set rules/prices to follow to keep things universal under the honda banner... guess some dealers are just jerks!
    It's not their fault. Honda Australia doesn't enforce strict pricing policies.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn
    some dealers tend to follow it, some dealers don't.
    and all dealers get the parts for the same price, it is a set price.
    not all parts, some things u gotta get in bulk to get cheaper... like 5L bottle of feo
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Confused by Honda Servicing costs?

Thought I'd share what I did over the last few days.
    I rang around for a 1yr (20K) log book service for my Honda CRV 2005.
    (done without negotiating the price or referring other mechanics price)
    Rick Damelian quoted 280
    Trivett 260
    Ultratune Castle Hill 170
    LubeMobile 165
    Hannys 120
    Repco North Paramatta 115

All non Honda shops claim they will use Honda genuine parts & lubricants and they also have their own warranty to cover.

I emailed Honda Australia about the policy on having my car serviced by non-HOnda shops and this was their reply.

"Thank you for your enquiry.

You are free to have your vehicle serviced wherever you choose, Honda Australia will honour the warranty providing the recommended servicing schedule is maintained and we strongly recommend that only genuine Honda parts and lubricants are used. However Honda Australia will take no responsibility for work carried out by non authorised dealers, and all warranty work needs to be completed by an Authorised Honda Dealer.

Honda Customer Service "

They did not reply to my Question on whether it was ok to have the work done at Hanny or Repco if they used genuine parts & lubricants.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with Honda warranty after they've had their service done at Hanny or Repco.

Repco is closer to me so I prefer them, but will take advice to drive out 20mins to Hannys if anyone has had problems with Repco.

Any advice...

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    not all parts, some things u gotta get in bulk to get cheaper... like 5L bottle of feo
    yes but all dealers have that option, it is not favoured.
    lol.
    =)

Confused by Honda Servicing costs?

I also forgot to ask why there is such a wide range of prices.
    Apart from a vehicle inspection, the log book states an oil & filter change and a tyre rotation.

Rick Damelian quoted 280
    Trivett 260
    LubeMobile 165
    Hannys 120

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi-L
    simple, go for hannys then
    Wood grain
    Reverse Parking Sensor
    LED Head Light
    LED Tail Light

Quote Originally Posted by martinf
    Thought I'd share what I did over the last few days.
    I rang around for a 1yr (20K) log book service for my Honda CRV 2005.
    (done without negotiating the price or referring other mechanics price)
    Rick Damelian quoted 280
    Trivett 260
    LubeMobile 165
    Hannys 120

All non Honda shops claim they will use Honda genuine parts & lubricants and they also have their own warranty to cover.

I emailed Honda Australia about the policy on having my car serviced by non-HOnda shops and this was their reply.

"Thank you for your enquiry.

You are free to have your vehicle serviced wherever you choose, Honda Australia will honour the warranty providing the recommended servicing schedule is maintained and we strongly recommend that only genuine Honda parts and lubricants are used. However Honda Australia will take no responsibility for work carried out by non authorised dealers, and all warranty work needs to be completed by an Authorised Honda Dealer.

Honda Customer Service "

They did not reply to my Question on whether it was ok to have the work done at Hanny or Repco if they used genuine parts & lubricants.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with Honda warranty after they've had their service done at Hanny or Repco.

Repco is closer to me so I prefer them, but will take advice to drive out 20mins to Hannys if anyone has had problems with Repco.

Any advice...
    yes iv also had problems with honda.
    After purchasin my jazz.. i did 1 service with them, but found it very costly so i decided to have the service done somewhere else.. and continued with this.
    However, after having the car for 2years i started having faults in the car i.e the cd player rejected cds, and had problems with the gears.
    After honda looked at my car.. Honda stated 2 things: firstly they argued that they didnt wana work on any car that wasnt stock (that has been modified in any way) and secondly a car that was serviced somewhere else. After having put up an argument with them they replaced the cd player but refused to do anythin with the engine (they said this was fine wen it wasnt). I went to 3 other mechanics, they tested my car out and said the car wasnt right! but stil honda refuses to admit anything wrong sayin i should be gettin my car serviced by them first.
    "No past, No future... Just the moment.."

Just a quick update, in conclusion to this saga, the service manager rang me this morning and we discussed what has occurred. In short, the next scheduled service for the Civic will be free and a refund cheque for the incorrectly charged air filter in the mail.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    good on ya for persisting with it.
    good to hear u got something back at least
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    dose any1 kno a very reliable workshop that can do a major service on my EG..

clayton area... melb
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

travis honda mate frankston hehe