Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03EuRo LuX 6spd
    so what would a honda dealer do to a euro on the 120k service?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    honda service departments aren't that bad, most of the service advisors i know are ex mechanics.
    to me they're quite good, i'd just don't wanna pay that premium price.
    lol.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by martizzle
    so what would a honda dealer do to a euro on the 120k service?
    Same as the 40k service. Valve clearance check, air filter replacement and fluid replacement if required.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

dealerships are a ripppppppp. for the price u pay u can still get ur car serviced by mechanics and with better fluids.
    GTIME > QBALL
    Team lonelydriver #36
    Team Hektik #1
    My Car for sale $5500 pm if interested

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i never take take my car to dealers for service. u can get the same service elsewhere. the only trouble is having to try out different places till u find somewhere good.
    by going to dealers for log book services u may be able to sell your car for a little extra but the $ you'd save in long run by getting it serviced elsewhere far outweighs the little extra on reselling.

i do most service myself -seriously fluid changes, brake pads and other basics etc are not hard. every once in a while i get it done professioanlly to find out if there's things i've missed, then go fix em if i can or just get them to do it if i cant (providing i'm confident in their ability with a honda).

imo, the money u save from doing things yourself or getting someone other than a dealer to do minor things can then be used to get dealers to fix big problems down the track if needs be -or to go buy ur Mrs sum nice lingerie
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    for 1200 bux he'd have to have had a cambelt and/or brake pads and other extras.

scan ya invoice and post it up y0

i'm curious
    No, cam belt wasn't done. But brake pads were. Here's part of the scanned report also showing the total ($1091.94+$109.19 GST = $1201.15)

Member Array
    Car:
    a bicycle lol
    honda dealership = ripp offs...

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    jt what are those 2 'piston assy'?
    i don't think i've ever seen that on an invoice unless our parts dept label it something else ?

and alpine did they replace your rhs driveshaft boot man?
    it's hard to tell from the pic u posted
    pads and disc machine etc too huh..... by the looks of it you did have a fair bit of 'extras' done so you can't really say the 'service' was ridiculously expensive
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

I have no idea what those 2 piston assemblies are, sorry.

Also not sure where the RHS driveshaft boot is. Is that the CV boot? If so, it doesn't look like a new one at all (all dirty). The first page of the report says "RH RACK BOOT AIR TUBE BROKEN OFF"...whatever that is.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    ^yeah i was refering to CV the cv boot
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

So any ideas what "RH RACK BOOT AIR TUBE BROKEN OFF" means and what part on the invoice would have fixed it?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    What is the hourly rate on labour these days Panda? Seems pretty high for the amount of work done. I also hate places that put "misc" and then a fee (in this case $15).
    Last edited by yfin; 24-10-2006 at 09:09 PM.