Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    jdm Prelude

Exhaust sizing, what to go and where to go?

hey looking to get an exhaust, probably just a cat back, what size would be recommended to go as i only have a Short ram intake, and am planning on gettin a VAFC, i want the vtec to sound awsome in the high rev range but dont want that farting sound that alot of NA's get, any help?
    car is a vtir prelude,

Im located in Melb, anyone have any suggestions on where to go to get the exhaust done, at a good price

thanks
    Last edited by Taso; 25-10-2006 at 06:44 PM.

2.25in is the go for N/A

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Vtir Prelude
    Yea, if your not gonna go any further with it then 2.25" will be fine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    jdm Prelude
    but will i notice any difference and how will it sound? 2.25 just seems so small, what is the stock size of the exhaust? for a gen 4 jdm vtir
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    stock i believe is 2"
    2.25 IS PLENTY for ur planned mods, id u wish to go 2.5" ull lose a bit down low, i know from experiance.
    this is no skyline with a t51 that needs a big 4" exhaust, this is a 2.2l prelude with nothing but and intake and exhaust, 2.25 is enough, 2.5 is MAX

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    i think stock is 2.25... isnt it?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    jdm Prelude
    ye wasnt planning on goin any bigger then 2.5, 2.25 is sounding like a good option, dont no weather to go a muffler with a tip or a cannon with a crazy angle, any suggestions?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    im about to put in a head + 2.5" cat back and a 3" muffler. hope that all go good lol.
    凸-_-凸

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Vtir Prelude
    Dont put a cannon on a lude, not with that angle thing that all the nissans have. As said above this is a 2.2 prelude not a drift car.

I have a 2.5" from the flex pipe back. Only reasion being is that I plan to go further with my mods and dont want to restrict myself later on.

stock is 1.7" ID on a 4th gen VTIR

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude Vtir 1999
    I have a Vtir with extractors and from the extractors to the first muffler is 2.25" then from there back is 2" and it read 88db... but that was at 5500 RPM

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    2.5 all the way.
    Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent..... 14% of people know that.

"Ah, my beloved, fill the cup that clears today of past regrets and future fears”
    Omar Khayyam