Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honda servicing

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    Just service ur car urself. Why spend money on labour for things that can be done at home?
    Grab a haynes manual from repco next time ur shopping, and it will tell u what needs to be done when...
    yeh well if u realised i got more of a problem than a service...

Mine's dumped and i only have stands and i still service mine...

There's no excuse mate... :lol:

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvo
    Just service ur car urself. Why spend money on labour for things that can be done at home?
    Grab a haynes manual from repco next time ur shopping, and it will tell u what needs to be done when...
    yeh well if u realised i got more of a problem than a service...
    I posted in another thread about what ur problem could be.

Correct, while at recpo getting the service manual, grab some jack stands or ramps.. i find my bumper will scrap a little on ramps, but they are easy as hell to use...
    The only time jack-stands are more useful is what u wanna stuff like brakes system/suspension work.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    ....Correct, while at recpo getting the service manual, grab some jack stands or ramps.. i find my bumper will scrap a little on ramps, but they are easy as hell to use...
    The only time jack-stands are more useful is what u wanna stuff like brakes system/suspension work.
    i tot d car has to be levelled to drain the oil out. but if you're using ramps...???

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    The drain plug is at the back of the sump, so there shouldnt be any issues with draining the oil

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by toE
    ....Correct, while at recpo getting the service manual, grab some jack stands or ramps.. i find my bumper will scrap a little on ramps, but they are easy as hell to use...
    i tot d car has to be levelled to drain the oil out. but if you're using ramps...???
    Na, the drain plug is placed in such a way that u need a slight angle to get all the oil out

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by toE
    Na, the drain plug is placed in such a way that u need a slight angle to get all the oil out
    aahh..fair enuff. any idea if that applies to Accord's as well??

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Yerp. Most cars have this feature!

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by 7th Gen
    i have also heard a lot of good things about this hanny place in smithfield

if anyone has been there, do they use genuine parts and fluids?
    yeah i been there.. havent gone anywhere else since.. the best place i know and yes all parts are genuine.. pretty cheap too for most things.. and quick too

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    I get my car serviced at Astoria Honda in victoria (south oakley). James Lemon is a good guy....helps me out.

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Prelude VTiR
    Eastern Honda for the past 5 years, both 4th gen and 5th gen ludes...

Ive been told that Robert Lane in Brighton is the best Victorian Honda serviceer and thats where the guy bought my car from so Ill prob go back there next time

Member Array
    yeh Robert Lane is the best Honda Dealer to service your car at in Victoria... they have their own track cars which go to Phillip Island. Eastern Honda is a joke, heard many problems from them, and recently overfilled tranny fluid in a ITR, which leaked and went over the tyres at Phillip Island. Thankgod a pro driver was driving the car at the time, if it was the owner... he would of stacked.