Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Hey how many inches would u gusy lower ur car with aftermarket shocks/springs if u were looking for performance, non scrapage, and not "lowezzzzzzzzz ride award"?

thansk guys...

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    mine is 2.1/4 lowered on 15"

i find it better seeting than stock

less body roll

looks great but not too over done..

3" is ok but with bigger rimz

i'd say anywhere between 2-3" will b great for looks and handling
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

1.5 or so on 17s.... maybe 2-2.5 for smaller wheels...
    フジタエンジニアリング

2 - 2.5 for an EG with 15's is perfect.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    2 inches is a nice drop on 15's, and not too low. but you will get different results and possible scrappege depending what model car you have. But nothing that cant be fixed with some guard rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowie
    2 inches is a nice drop on 15's, and not too low. but you will get different results and possible scrappege depending what model car you have. But nothing that cant be fixed with some guard rolling.
    If your exhaust goes under your axle it will not be your friend

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    why is that?

2.5 inches lowered on 15's will put the exhaust pipe very close to the ground. Thats all im saying..not having a go at you Rowie

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MTX BOY
    2.5 inches lowered on 15's will put the exhaust pipe very close to the ground. Thats all im saying..not having a go at you Rowie
    I didnt think you were having a go at me mate I just wasnt exactly sure what you meant, thats why I asked :P

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    45mm front and 35mm back on 16's going to 17s

12"

... OH your talking about lowering you car lol :lol: sorry thought you meant something else .... ops:

2" to 2.5"

somewhere around there

and that will be low because you also have to factor in the amount of sag you get which could be as much as 1/2 an inch ... i know mine sagged 1/2 and inch or more !!!

that will give you less body roll

HOWEVER don't mistake this for being better for every day driving! if you get into an emergency situation, for example around a corner you have to hit the brake HARD, and you accidentally lock em up ... with the body roll / lean, your car will now change from spinning around to a stop in a short distance [which happens at stock height] to sliding straight ahead ... you will slide in the direction of motion which doesn't mean around the corner it means STRAIGHT ...

but this isn't the biggest problem really ... only if you travel at speeds exceeding the speed limit. Otherwise it is doubtful you will come to grief with it. This is easier to explain in person, so if you don't know what the hell i am talking about ... ask me next time you see me on a cruise.

And don't say its utter crap, it has been put to the test, and i have in fact put it to the test myself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowie
    Quote Originally Posted by MTX BOY
    I didnt think you were having a go at me mate I just wasnt exactly sure what you meant, thats why I asked :P
    Yeah ive just seen a few pics of JDM EG's with under the axle piping and its so close to the ground 8)