Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here is my old setup upon my old car - EG5 civic , on bilstein adj. dampers - lowered 2.25inches. As you can see , underneath - with a underaxle setup - left approximately 1.5inches clearence under the lowest point !!! Bah ! TOO low ! LUCKILY it was just under the axle- so most bumps could be avoided.....

Dayum ! IF u must go underaxle - dont lower ur car

Did the police ever get you for ride height?

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    Quote Originally Posted by MTX BOY
    2.5 inches lowered on 15's will put the exhaust pipe very close to the ground. Thats all im saying..not having a go at you Rowie
    Im on 4" lowered springs on stock 15s.... still got a whole 4cm between the pipe and the ground

4cm :shock: any pics?

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    a low clearance under axle shouldnt be too much of a problem, as when you go over speed humps the wheels are inline with the lowest point of the exhaust so it brings it up at the same time as well.

but having said that I would prefer an exhaust not to be under axle.

about lowering, the suspension setup itself is probably more indicative to handling that how much you lower.

I don't know how much my civic was lowered but running on 205-16-45s I could just stick 2 fingers into the wheel arch. it wasnt too low but was low enough, I never scraped anything. but with some lower exhausts the middle resonator does tend to catch onto things.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    ahhhhhh thanks for the response guys!!

2inches is the way to go then yeh... sweet... considering i'm keeping my stock 15" allows...