Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: FWD vs RWD?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by aimre
    How about the use of a belt system instead of a shaft??
    Not reliable when used on a car engine that has reasonable torque. That's why only lower capacity older style cars had chain drives. All modern cars have driveshafts in order to operate reliably given the modest torque. Chains and belts don't withstand high torque.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    90 BA3 Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeder
    I meant Subaru's are front biased and Evos too, heck all AWD's are. .
    Veyron?

Quote Originally Posted by Speeder
    Also why are Formula 1's RWD? Because RWD is the pinnicle of car performance, RWD's are superior to that of AWD's.
    they're also governed by rules, which say they arent allowed to be awd. i believe the question was FWD vs RWD? and i think the clear winner is RWD i dont believe there is anything a current day rwd cant do that fwd can.
    and i can't agree with your comment on a gtr, how about we hear about hwo they drive from somone who owns one?

Quote Originally Posted by silver_screen
    ill disregard the ferrari part being a "super car" because they r slower than my rx7 in every single way.. including looks
    lol i sense jealousy, a ferrari rips any rx7 for looks, other then if you drove a LM spec one around but i doubt you do, unless your rx7 is ridiculously modded i dont think it comes anywhere close to an f40/f50/enzo?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 vti
    or fxx.

Perth members: Click here! WaHonda

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    so whats the retail for one of those?
    more than you can afford
    n then the supra beat the ferrari.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by deon
    i dont believe there is anything a current day rwd cant do that fwd can.
    If that were true no manufacturer would produce a FWD vehicle.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Not reliable when used on a car engine that has reasonable torque. That's why only lower capacity older style cars had chain drives. All modern cars have driveshafts in order to operate reliably given the modest torque. Chains and belts don't withstand high torque.
    WHatabout a drag cars super charger??? They are belt driven, and i bet none of our hondas even make enough power to turn those things

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    Quote Originally Posted by deon
    they're also governed by rules, which say they arent allowed to be awd. i believe the question was FWD vs RWD? and i think the clear winner is RWD i dont believe there is anything a current day rwd cant do that fwd can.
    and i can't agree with your comment on a gtr, how about we hear about hwo they drive from somone who owns one?
    I've driven a GTR R33 for 6 months, and that is my conclusion, I don't care what you have to say, so let's leave it at that shall we???

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    Also you are right, this topic is about FWD and RWD so excuse my ignorance. RWD is a clear cut winner when compared to FWD.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg sedan
    i like the thrills of understeer.
    thrilling stuff.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 vti
    ^ if you want to have good fun death oversteer, just lift off the throttle at high speed understeers ftw lol

imho:

fwd: hatches
    rwd: most other things
    Last edited by rhk; 04-11-2006 at 03:20 AM.
    Perth members: Click here! WaHonda

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK civic
    Deon.. it is ridiculously modded... and its almost finished too 500rwkw+ champ. no enzo or anything from ferrari could ever keep up lol as for looks?? im not jealous of ferraris... its a poor mans lambo bugatti and a lambo r cars i would love to own.. not a ferrari n specs on the enzo r like 11's 1/4 mile :/ its really not that fast of a car. .even the bugatti musters a 10 sec pass... *drools* i want a bugatti!! someone buy me one?