Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helmets

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2

Helmets

Hi All,

Im going to Wakefield in a couple of weeks and i need to buy a helmet.

I'm after some opinions, experiences and ideas of pricing and where to get from.

I know there expensive, but i dont really want to spend more than 400, is this possible?

What is everyone out there using atm?

You don't have to spend that much. You can get some motorcycle road helmets for $150 bucks. Check out places like the helmet warehouse at yagoona or like motorcycle accessories shops...there is a big one on macquarie st at liverpool...they have some cheaper road helmets for around the price above...

their are also some on ebay, but you have to make sure you get the ones approved for road use, if you intend to use it later on for riding a bike or anything.

Or you could always rent one at the track.
    blah blah blah

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    thanks a lot dude

i got a bike shop close by on epping road in lane cove, dunno if they will be as inexpensive as the ones you said above

Quote Originally Posted by Zilli
    thanks a lot dude

i got a bike shop close by on epping road in lane cove, dunno if they will be as inexpensive as the ones you said above
    Just check it out...I'm sure they have something for the more budget conscious
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    ek <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey
    You don't have to spend that much. You can get some motorcycle road helmets for $150 bucks. Check out places like the helmet warehouse at yagoona or like motorcycle accessories shops...there is a big one on macquarie st at liverpool...they have some cheaper road helmets for around the price above...

their are also some on ebay, but you have to make sure you get the ones approved for road use, if you intend to use it later on for riding a bike or anything.

Or you could always rent one at the track.
    motorcycle helmets are a big NO NO when it comes to track.

bike helmets can weigh up to double of the racing ones.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    oh yeh? So maybe these places in yagoona or whatever, do they have auto racing helmets?

I guess it just depends how keen a racer you are.... I don't track that much so am quite happy getting a motorbike helmet cause I wanna learn to ride anyway. 2 birds 1 stone lol
    blah blah blah

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    thats is a good idea though, as i want to get a bike eventually anyway...

Cant you use a auto racing helmet as a motorbike helmet? they are bother road legal correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    $89.95 at cash converters
    (And yes it is approved for road/race use), has a few small scratches but nothing major, looks like new after i gave it a bit of tender loving and care.
    If you are buying a second hand one just make sure it has not been dropped and you can find good ones for around the $100 mark, for new ones about $250 and up is about right
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Don't buy 2nd hand ones. Go to the Motorcycle Accessory Shop over at Parramatta. Brand new bike helmet, which is lighter than most other helmets for $80 and also ADR approved (which is most important!)
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    awesome dude, is that the one accross the road from action suzuki or whatever?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli
    awesome dude, is that the one accross the road from action suzuki or whatever?
    Yup, the one with the yellow signboards. Just next to Westfield.

The cheapest brand is the THH one. Full face and half face for about $80. I went for half face because I wanted to be able to breathe easily in the car. But if you ever plan to race in a convertible or open top (including go-karts), then go for the full face one. Mine's in full black. hehehe.

Also, NEVER peel off the ADR label on the back. If you do, the officials at the track won't let you use it if they have an inspection.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2