Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro,Toyota Chaser

h22a cd5 questions

hello fellow cd5 owners..im abit of a newbie to this forum so bear wit me ok guys

im looking at doin a h22a conversion(preferably the type s engine) to my beloved cd5 accord. im also planning to mod it wit a set of tuned extractors, cai, 2.25 inch mandrel bent exhaust and hondata s200 ecu..and also i still wana use the stock muffler....jus so the roar of the h22 can do all the talking

to all the cd5 guys whos dun a h22a convert wit similar mods, i got few questions i would like to ask..

1. how many ks do u guys get out of a full tank?
    2. if any1s dun a dyno run wit their h22a cd5s wit the similar mods i like to do to mine or not, how much kws atw kws does your cd5 put out?...an estimate would also be taken as positive feedback
    3. is there any problems that i could face wit this conversion?...if there is any

your feedback..positive or negative...would be greatly appreciated and i would be learning more about cd5s from u guys

thanx for your time n patience

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    ASk Cam, AKA H22a Accord, his like GuRu to the CD5 H22a Convert.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by RiCe_da9
    2. if any1s dun a dyno run wit their h22a cd5s wit the similar mods i like to do to mine or not, how much kws atw kws does your cd5 put out?...an estimate would also be taken as positive feedback
    3. is there any problems that i could face wit this conversion?...if there is any
    1. they get exactly the same kms out of a tank than ur current f22b1 (400-500kms) , if not then maybe 10-20kms more as the h22a doesnt work as hard as the f22b to push the car the same amount, but thats a very tiny percentage...

2. atm ur getting around 80kwatw with ur f22b1, with a H22a + headers + CAI expect around the 110kw mark at the wheel.

3. theres no real problems i've heard of with the conversion, make sure whoever is doing the conversion is not dodgy.

think about it tho, do u realy wanna fork out 4-5g for an extra 30kws on a 12 year old honda accord?
    may i ask why ur doing the conversion?
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    i know how u feel abt doin a h22 swap. i own a cd5 as well & will someday do the same swap (turbo-charged tho). no-one expects an accord to be fast. general idea its a family car. BUT with a more powerful engine then at least u've got somethin to brag/smile/laugh abt. just bcoz my cd5 is lowered and has rims, ppl always think i wanna race them - i hate when other cars start revin at the lights. coz they know they're gonna beat me! *by the way drag racing is ILLEGAL*

u see alot of sportscars that are all the same (no offense as I would like to own a fast sports as well - R34 GTR...hmmmm....nice), however the CD5s look great and its not everyday that u come across an accord that can keep up with some other faster sports cars *AGAIN - drag racing is ILLEGAL*

in conclusion - its not trying to be unique (as there are other h22 accords out there) - but its still not common - and i like d idea of being "not common". be the black sheep!

one day im gonna beat my friend's 200sx...ONE DAAAAYYYY!!!! in a legal drag strip that is *ahem*

only my opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord turbo
    i got my car back today h22a turbo and just letting u know if i was u i wouldnt go turbo so many problems. car is fast now
    will send u a photo
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy
    i know how u feel abt doin a h22 swap. i own a cd5 as well & will someday do the same swap (turbo-charged tho). no-one expects an accord to be fast. general idea its a family car. BUT with a more powerful engine then at least u've got somethin to brag/smile/laugh abt. just bcoz my cd5 is lowered and has rims, ppl always think i wanna race them - i hate when other cars start revin at the lights. coz they know they're gonna beat me! *by the way drag racing is ILLEGAL*

u see alot of sportscars that are all the same (no offense as I would like to own a fast sports as well - R34 GTR...hmmmm....nice), however the CD5s look great and its not everyday that u come across an accord that can keep up with some other faster sports cars *AGAIN - drag racing is ILLEGAL*

in conclusion - its not trying to be unique (as there are other h22 accords out there) - but its still not common - and i like d idea of being "not common". be the black sheep!

one day im gonna beat my friend's 200sx...ONE DAAAAYYYY!!!! in a legal drag strip that is *ahem*

only my opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    1. Around 100km/10L
    2. Like mj360 said around 110kw. Mine got a little more but depending on the dyno etc most of them will be around that mark.
    3. You mean problems with driving the a car with the conversion or problems with actually performing the conversion? If the conversion is done well there shouldn't be too many reliability problems. Maybe keep an eye on the engine mounts. I've replaced my rear mount but it wasn't in that good condition to start with.

What sort of problems did you find filoaccord? Where did you end up getting the injectors? pm me if it's too off topic.
    Last edited by Eclipsor; 03-11-2006 at 01:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    about the same but the temptation to drive it harder usually leads to higher consumption

2. if any1s dun a dyno run wit their h22a cd5s wit the similar mods i like to do to mine or not, how much kws atw kws does your cd5 put out?
    I had mine dynod last week with only 2.25" catback and K&N CAI and it pulled 113.5kwatw

with every conversion there is bound to be a few bugs to sort out but nothing major.

regarding your decision to run a standard muffler, i can tell you from experience that performance will suffer in the top end.

other than that, i say go for it. It gives the car a whole new lease on life...I have no regrets after spending the 4.5k to do the conversion almost 3 years ago.

if u have any other questions dont hesitate to ask here.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by filoaccord
    i got my car back today h22a turbo and just letting u know if i was u i wouldnt go turbo so many problems. car is fast now
    will send u a photo
    hi bro - kamusta? (if u are pinoy) - what kinda problems we talkin bout here? pls share. cheers!

Member Array
    hi bro - kamusta? (if u are pinoy) - what kinda problems we talkin bout here? pls share. cheers!
    accord gearbox wouldnt last more than a month if its turbod, prelude gearbox would be a better way to go. thats just ONE problem...
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    accord gearbox wouldnt last more than a month if its turbod, prelude gearbox would be a better way to go. thats just ONE problem...
    oh yeh, i know that - im gonna get half-cut so i get all the extra goodies as well. would prelude gearbox be alright tho???

Member Array
    oh yeh, i know that - im gonna get half-cut so i get all the extra goodies as well. would prelude gearbox be alright tho???
    oh sorry i misunderstood i thought hes talking about turboing a f22b1 i totally misread what he said, my bad
    but again, i dont think prelude gearbox will cope with a turbo h22a, just get the conversion dont turbo it...
    alot of times people spend alot of money on turboing the car without any real problems, and 4 months down the track the gearbox gives in and they end up forking out more money to replace the box + more hassle
    Last edited by mj3610; 08-11-2006 at 04:31 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    are you talking about an auto 'box not lasting, or manual 'box?