Arrow Coilovers - Civic 7th Gen (Query on ride & install)

Hey guys.. got a question for the experience (note: did a search first )

Gotta Civic 7th Gen currently on 'Low' King Springs.. (images here - http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/member.php?uid=12197) ..no spring lower is available for my car as far as I know, so it's dropped 1.5 inches from a 4wd stock height. I've got another 1.5 inches more I'd like to drop, and I've come across some 4 month old coilovers on firesport.com.. previously off my model civ.

I'm looking into purchasing them earlier than mid-next year deadline, just want to gather some information from the experienced before I do.

Note:

215/35R18 is my current tyre profile, going to a 40 profile next set.
    Not going too low with the coilovers, sit it at the tyres, & minimal camber.

Queries:

1. Coming from 'low' springs, what kind of ride am I expecting? I think I'm in for a rougher ride.

2. What problems have people experienced? (if any)

3. Can anyone direct me to a quality place to get them installed, & at a nice price in Melb? (I pay for quality work.)

That's all for now, can't think of any more questions.. but I know ya'll can help me.

Thanx, Michael.
    JL AUDIO 2005 Honda Civic GLi 'Facelifted' 7th Gen · 07' Autosalon Competitor

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    hey Micheal

nice car u got, i love it, i also have a 7th gen

and im also doin sum research for my suspension work

i havent heard of firesport, so i cant give my opinion on whether they are good or not

u have lowered 1.5" on kings already....and another 1.5 will mean further loss in ride quality, the civics stock smoothness will be gone....

ride quality will suffer significantly whether u lowerd it on springs and stock shocks or if u got a whole new set of coilovers

i cant recomend any coilovers that can lower a 7th gen by 3inches......but ther are bound to be....im doin exams now, so im still in the begining of my research, but i hope to find some spoon springs for a 1.5 to 2 inch drop and some adjustable shocks, all jdm stuff

coilovers is over doing it, im not gona track my car, good springs and shocks wil reduce my ride hieght and improve handling, significantly

btw, therz an american 7thgen civic forum u mite wana check out, i havent yet, but i heard its pretty good

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/

one more thing

ur running 215/35R18 now, do u get any scrubbing with a full car, on full lock steering?

wat offset are ur 18inch rims?

and if u go for a higher aspect ratio for ur next set of tyres and u keep the same rim size, u will increase ur rolling circumference wen compared to stock alloyz....therefore increasing the inaccuracy of ur speedo, it will under read

eg, if u doing 80km/h it will really be 90km/h or sumthing

ur curent tyre and rim choice is good and closely matches the stock rolling circumference, so i dont think this is an issue atm
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

hey yeh.. from the springs it's dropped about 1.5 inches.. i still have plenty to go, but it's subject to change.. i know i'll definately loose ride quality, it's quite fine at the moment.. coming from compressed springs on a rolla!!

to answer your question, with a full car, still a fingers width within the tyre and guard, i don't scrub full locking, nor on the guards from bumps. I've had the guards rolled, and can't remember ever hearing a scrub (which is good).. 19x8's & coilovers would still fit comfortably, with a chance of scrubbing.. i duno

umm offset.. i forgot, throw me some numbers and i'll pick one, don't remember at the moment!

you're right on the speedo being out.. i checkd mine with a mate driving next to me when i first got the rims on, he was doing 100 and so was i..

thanx for your help, hope i helped, please keep me posted as you research, keen to see what you learn!

can we start a 7th gen thread if there isn't one, like to see other people's styles!! very seldom modified..

going to that forum now!

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    u rolled guards??

stock is 44, so im guessin that ur rims have an offset less than 40?

i think thats how it works.....the smaller ur + offset the more ur weels stick out

yeh, now that i think about it, ur current tyre specs produce a rolling circumference that is significantly larger than stock

so, ull have a under reading issue with ur speedo with ur current tyres

eg, if u doin 80km/h, true speed is about 88km/h

and if ur next set of tyres are of a larger aspect ratio, this problem will only get worse

wer did u get ur guards rolled? how troublesome was the paint?

most of the time it craks from wat ive heard
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

yeh.. got all four guards rolled, no problems.. got my guards rolled on my previous car too, just the lip of the guard which is about 1-2cms in width gets heated up, and bent inside..

now i know an owner of ttf, so he got his people to take extra car with my car, paint was fine when i inspected it.. if he wreckd something, he woulda fixed it for me..

yep! that's it.. 40 offset are my on my rims, i get a slight camber too..

and i have tested my speedo against a stock car, i was going 100 and so was he.. so it worked out!