Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 94 VTi

leaving cruise control on?

will it be a problem at all if i leave the master button of cruise control on?
    im driving an accord 94

mine has been on for 2 years... no problems yet

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Modded V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by sabu
    will it be a problem at all if i leave the master button of cruise control on?
    im driving an accord 94

Well, it doesn't do anything - but it does drain a little power and engages the cruise control ON...so yeah, I would turn it off when not in use - there's a off/on button for a reason!
    Variable Timing Electronic Control

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    mines been on for as long as i can remember....no adverse effects.

Member Array
    cruise control is not actually ON when u have it on, its only when u set it with the button on ur steering wheel, and honda_enthuasiast i'd like to know how a cruise control drains power????
    in the end its a stupid question because why dont u just reach there and turn it off? if ur too lazy why dont u do it once when u reach for the sunroof switch? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Modded V6-L
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    cruise control is not actually ON when u have it on, its only when u set it with the button on ur steering wheel, and honda_enthuasiast i'd like to know how a cruise control drains power????
    in the end its a stupid question because why dont u just reach there and turn it off? if ur too lazy why dont u do it once when u reach for the sunroof switch? lol

Well, it drains power because it's literally ON... you can't say it doesn't use a bit of power at all... I got a VOLT gauge in my car and with it turned on, it does move up a bit, I've noticed... but no much though....

Yeah, I normally just turn it off... sometimes don't... hi hi
    Variable Timing Electronic Control

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Doesn't drain power.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    its ok to leave it on all the time

the worst thing that can happen it the little globethat is in the switch will blow.

its easy to replace

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    The reason its switchable is for safety, incase you accidentially press SET and plow into the cop car ahead lol.
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    The reason its switchable is for safety, incase you accidentially press SET and plow into the cop car ahead lol.
    Not likely. Your speed won't increase, and if the cop brakes hard, your first instinct would be to hit the brakes as well, and that cancels cruise control anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Well it depends on the circumstance, someone could accidentally press the Cruise Control buttons instead of the Sound Control buttons for example. Having an on/off switch gives some drivers piece of mind.
    .© ♪

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    Well it depends on the circumstance, someone could accidentally press the Cruise Control buttons instead of the Sound Control buttons for example. Having an on/off switch gives some drivers piece of mind.
    Even if they hit the cruise control button, nothing drastic happens. But I prefer to leave it off anyway.