Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Yeah true, upgrading to a bigger MC is a must for larger calipers!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Bigger calipers will make the pedal more spongy (unless you upgrade to a larger master cylinder), they need more fluid due to the larger pistons. (also moving brake ballance further to the rear, unless upgraging the prop valve to an adjustable item)

The ideal brake feel is a stiff pedal with little movement, somthing seen in most high level race cars. Its shown that humans are much better modulating brake pressure using force, not movement.

IMO brake 'feel' would probably be worse with larger calipers, unless you went with a larger master cylinder to push more fluid.
    thanks man for the knowledge

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Accord Euro Lux
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but Iwould like to know the outcome of this upgrade. Need to upgrade the rotors on my EURO, getting brake shudder, and was looking an bigger brakes.

Kitbkk, can youplease enlighten us.

I just upgraded the EBC greenstuff pads to wilwood pads. The outcome is super nice. I can stop the car from travelling about 80-100km to zero in only a few seconds. The car revs a lil bit faster as well as the rotors weight is a lot less. I was a lil bit shocked as now Im in Thailand driving other cars. Im missing the stopping power of my euro now hhehe.
    ummm what do you want to know then?
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Accord Euro Lux
    Did you end up upgrading to larger calipers?

ah yes I did. Please have a look through the pages. There are some pics as well as those problems I came across. Hope it helps. Or if you need to know something else please PM me.
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Accord Euro Lux
    Thanks for the updates. Will send PM when I get home.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & W203 AMG
    hey kit,where u gonna put the willwood one??i dont mind if you put it in my car.hahaha!!

^^aye? Its been on my car like ages ago man???
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    holy crap you still upgrading your brakes?
    Why hello there

^nah Joe
    This thread was started like the end of last year.
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Quote Originally Posted by kitbkk View Post
    I just upgraded the EBC greenstuff pads to wilwood pads. The outcome is super nice. I can stop the car from travelling about 80-100km to zero in only a few seconds. The car revs a lil bit faster as well as the rotors weight is a lot less. I was a lil bit shocked as now Im in Thailand driving other cars. Im missing the stopping power of my euro now hhehe.
    ummm what do you want to know then?
    Where can you buy these "wilwood pads" in australia and how much? Are they ok for the rotors?

Im really after a decent street pad but am not convinced of the value in EBC.

At the risk of sounding like a nooberelli, If you get bigger front discs and callipers, can you use your stock front rotors for the Rear wheels as a replacement????? that would be awesome value if you could.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!