Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Bigger brake kit upgrade

hi everyone,
    Well the story is, Im going back to Thailand for a few months for a holiday and as the market of seccond hand parts overthere are very huge and dirt cheap comparing to here. I have been thinking of buying Porsche big brake kit and bring them over here to fit my Euro. Well, I know I might sound like an idiot that wanna run bigger brake kit for street use but... it is very very cheap there and I want to give it a try.
    Well, my question is that, to get the brake kit that is not designed especially to suit our euro, what do I need to look at? From what I know of is the rotor has to have the same stud pattern with our car, the diameter of the whole kit has to clear the wheel, and what else? Is customizing a bracket for caliper to fit our car possible to do here?
    Thanks heaps guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by kitbkk
    Is customizing a bracket for caliper to fit our car possible to do here?
    Yes it is, go to a brake shop like race brakes there in Melbourne and they should be able to sort you out.

I think upgrading the brakes is a great idea. I have actually looked into getting one of those AEM brake +1" upgrade kits for my euro, but they don't make them yet for the TSX.

sounds sweet.
    Hopefully customizing the bracket will cost anything cheaper than 700 aud.
    I saw some raw finished brackets on ebay to suit brembo calipers or porsche calipers. The bracket themselves have no holes waiting for your workshop you go to drilling to your spec.
    Im planning to run something that is bigger than the brembo GT model. The 6 pot calipers are really tempting lol. Well, those brembos of F40 and F50 look damn cool too.
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Just remember its not just your pads and discs that help stop the car. Your tyres, suspension and weight distribution will have a big effect as well.

Just cause your gettin brakes off a ferrari or something doesn't mean they'll work like they do on a ferrari.

Yes they'll perform ALOT better but might not be as good as you think casue they will cause other problems that need attention.

Good luck tho. I'm upgrading my brakes tonight as well

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    hi everyone,
    Well the story is, Im going back to Thailand for a few months for a holiday and as the market of seccond hand parts overthere are very huge and dirt cheap comparing to here. I have been thinking of buying Porsche big brake kit and bring them over here to fit my Euro. Well, I know I might sound like an idiot that wanna run bigger brake kit for street use but... it is very very cheap there and I want to give it a try.
    Well, my question is that, to get the brake kit that is not designed especially to suit our euro, what do I need to look at? From what I know of is the rotor has to have the same stud pattern with our car, the diameter of the whole kit has to clear the wheel, and what else? Is customizing a bracket for caliper to fit our car possible to do here?
    Thanks heaps guys
    I'd do some homework before you spend$$$$ on a big brake kit not designed for the euro,sounds like 2 many headaches.I did upgrade of pads(from Japan) only on my car,BIG diff.Try that 1st.because OEM pads are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme
    Just remember its not just your pads and discs that help stop the car. Your tyres, suspension and weight distribution will have a big effect as well.

Just cause your gettin brakes off a ferrari or something doesn't mean they'll work like they do on a ferrari.

Yes they'll perform ALOT better but might not be as good as you think casue they will cause other problems that need attention.

Good luck tho. I'm upgrading my brakes tonight as well
    lol yeah i kno other things contribute as well. Are you upgrading the whole kit ? Can you tell us what are they? thanks
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234
    I'd do some homework before you spend$$$$ on a big brake kit not designed for the euro,sounds like 2 many headaches.I did upgrade of pads(from Japan) only on my car,BIG diff.Try that 1st.because OEM pads are crap.
    yeah im doing a research now. well, I know pads do improve but lol as stated above that, it is very cheap overthere and I want the look as well so yea thats why im planning to upgrade the whole kit.
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    hi everyone,
    Thanks heaps guys
    I would love to see this done for the unique factor. I would really recommend, however, you follow the legalities on brakes. The last thing you want is your insurance company denying a claim in an accident. Plenty of things people can get away with - but a primary safety device such as the braking system could be a big issue.

According to Vicroads in this mod guide you need an approval certificate for a brake conversion so get that done for peace of mind.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrpdf/rdsafe/VSI%208.pdf
    Last edited by yfin; 06-11-2006 at 04:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    most of the brake caliper bracket can be customized to suit specific car or their make one to suit yours. But check out the clearance first before you buying big brake kits.

Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    I would love to see this done for the unique factor. I would really recommend, however, you follow the legalities on brakes. The last thing you want is your insurance company denying a claim in an accident. Plenty of things people can get away with - but a primary safety device such as the braking system could be a big issue.

According to Vicroads in this mod guide you need an approval certificate for a brake conversion so get that done for peace of mind.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrpdf/rdsafe/VSI%208.pdf
    thanks yfin. im having a read

hey ALN, you know any shops that customized brakets in Melbourne?
    あなたは小さい陰茎を持っている?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    thanks yfin. im having a read

hey ALN, you know any shops that customized brakets in Melbourne?
    I know racing project can make these brackets for brake since he got the machines stuffs and Race Brake in flemington close to mobil petrol station, they customed the brackets for my friend 6 pot Ap racing for sc430

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by ALN
    But check out the clearance first before you buying big brake kits.
    One of the most important things said in this thread... Clearance to spokes and the rim can be an issue.