Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SupraFIED Array
    Car:
    MKiv TT
    Was the conversion legit? I for one thought Licensing would permit only 10% increase in power, cum all the ADR and shit. Was thinking of converting to a H22A since its relatively easy to source but then again the mech i went to said it would cost at least 1.5G to get it done and even so it wuld be hard. Maybe coz i stay W.A side :?

SupraFIED Array
    Car:
    MKiv TT
    oh did i mention the 1.5G was only for paper work and not the engine/harness/ecu/shaft/gearing/labour !?

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    hey gordo i heard you were gettin some hell nice buckets
    for your eg too
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    92 civic hatch/Hybrid
    yeah i am m8, but i dunno if i'll have a car to put them in, long story, but the basics of it are, i went to brisbane to see my car, they were locked on friday, i came back on tuesday and they were open, but my car was locked in some guys shed where it was being dyno'd but Matt couldn't get through to that guy on his mobile to get him to open up. but when my m8 and i went to where Matt said the dyno is, none of the surrounding mechanics or dyno's had ever heard of it. soooooooo it's all very dodgy. saw the frontcut the engine came out of, saw my pioneer speakers in a pretty ****ed state in the shed at gilmours, got the old injectors and fuel rail for Trav, and saw the new block matt says has to be put on the h22a cuz they cracked the other one. BUT NO CAR.

Hi geeks..
    The H22a conversion I had on my EK was all legit as I had it passed by qld transport with a blue plate and had all the new engine details on my rego.

Mark Veigal did alot of work on the conversion but didnt do it all by himself. Scott from Ares Speed also did alot of the work. Have never been to Glimours before but they sound dodgy.

Kept the aircon and power steering aswell. As far as I know le didnt do any of the work on this conversion but let me borrow a ecu for a little while till I was waiting on mine. I dont know of any of other h22a conversions in an EK with power steering and aircon.. does anyone else?

Anyways after it was all finished and tuned I got 112kw atw on the dyno at CNJ.

Here's a pic of the h22a in the EK-

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat_ciVic
    yeah i am m8, but i dunno if i'll have a car to put them in, long story, but the basics of it are, i went to brisbane to see my car, they were locked on friday, i came back on tuesday and they were open, but my car was locked in some guys shed where it was being dyno'd but Matt couldn't get through to that guy on his mobile to get him to open up. but when my m8 and i went to where Matt said the dyno is, none of the surrounding mechanics or dyno's had ever heard of it. soooooooo it's all very dodgy. saw the frontcut the engine came out of, saw my pioneer speakers in a pretty ****ed state in the shed at gilmours, got the old injectors and fuel rail for Trav, and saw the new block matt says has to be put on the h22a cuz they cracked the other one. BUT NO CAR.
    **** that!
    man that is hell bad news.
    its trav by the way lol.
    but that is fukt up, i hope you get your car back asap.
    can u like take them to the consumer watchdog guys?
    do you have reciepts or whatever.
    you car must be goin or they wouldnt of taken it from the main shop without a truck and trailer....
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    92 civic hatch/Hybrid
    yeah well if it was stock it would be running 2. but i'll know by next week if its done or not, i mean, how long can u leave it at a dyno. yeah, i have receipts.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat_ciVic
    yeah well if it was stock it would be running 2. but i'll know by next week if its done or not, i mean, how long can u leave it at a dyno. yeah, i have receipts.
    good to hear man,
    once you get your car back
    just badmouth them on all aussie forums lol :P
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    92 civic hatch/Hybrid
    will do

this is wot met me instead of Matt the mechanic