Member Array
    Car:
    '06 CL9 + '07 FD

Bubbles in Tints ?

Hey guys,

i recently noticed in my Euro that there were very fine bubbles around 1mm diameter in all of my windows, and a sand grain in one of my windows. my drivers window has a very large and lenghty bubble around 1cm long, 1mm wide.

i'm wondering if i should take it back to dealer to get repaired. i'm worried that when they repair it it will result in scratched windows or they don't remove the glue properly and it becomes muddled.

i also have a door buzzing so i'm getting them to remove the door trims anyway, would it be viable to go for a repair at this time whilst the trims are off.

any suggestions guys? my tint was done from factory via Solartint.
    If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 Civic Gli
    Take it back for sure. Its obvioulsy not your fault.
    They will 9/10 take it to whoever does their tinting and get it fixed for you. Scratches shouldnt be a problem if its done right, but if there are scratches, just take it back again.
    out of curiosity, where'd you buy the Euro from?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    They say that you need to let the tint rest for a week or so until it settles and the small bubbles go away. But considering there is a bit of sand and a large bubble, get them to redo it under warranty. Sounds like a n00b did a dodgy job on it.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    yep, take it back, if u got it done at the dealers it should b a life time warranty + i doubt they gonan scatch ur window they do it everyday
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Are you sure they used SolarTint? I got a Solartint card/receipt with the car so check if you have one in your honda folder. They could have used a cheap alternative.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Def. warranty job.take it back.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 CL9 + '07 FD
    I purchased it from Larke Hoskins in Rosebery. There's a Solartint down the road in Rosebery as well.

I've got the lifetime warranty card in the car. It's quite apparent that there are very fine bubbles on all 4 doors, i'm just weighting if its worth the hassle. The majority of you all say i should take it back, i hope they do a good job. I also noticed that they scratched the window whilst doing the tint, so maybe i will have to tell Honda to replace a window too.

I purchased the car back in March, so it's been a while, definitely more than 1 week since tint job.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Butso
    I purchased it from Larke Hoskins in Rosebery. There's a Solartint down the road in Rosebery as well.

I've got the lifetime warranty card in the car. It's quite apparent that there are very fine bubbles on all 4 doors, i'm just weighting if its worth the hassle. The majority of you all say i should take it back, i hope they do a good job. I also noticed that they scratched the window whilst doing the tint, so maybe i will have to tell Honda to replace a window too.

I purchased the car back in March, so it's been a while, definitely more than 1 week since tint job.
    If u service car there book it in and get service to organise tint rep.on same day(u may have 2 leave car all day).Def. worth it IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 Civic Gli
    Its deffinatly worth the hassle. You obviously paid top dollar for a brand new car, you deserve one free of defects--and thats a defect.
    They'll deffinatly do it for you, car dealers have done more then that for customers not happy with the way their car is.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 CL9 + '07 FD
    Thanks for the input and boost of confidence. I haven't had much experience dealing with warranty claims but they were pretty happy to do it.

I also noticed on my rear driver side window that it was scratched on the iner side. That is before the TINT was applied there is 4 distinct lines about 5cm long. The Honda dudes have cited it and said if i want they will replace the whole glass since it was there prior to TINTing. The guys at tinting use nothing more than a plastic scraper.

So right now i got the old tint removed and new one on and i'm waiting for the condesation from the bubbles to relax and hopefully i will have defect free job. =)

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Butso
    Thanks for the input and boost of confidence. I haven't had much experience dealing with warranty claims but they were pretty happy to do it.

I also noticed on my rear driver side window that it was scratched on the iner side. That is before the TINT was applied there is 4 distinct lines about 5cm long. The Honda dudes have cited it and said if i want they will replace the whole glass since it was there prior to TINTing. The guys at tinting use nothing more than a plastic scraper.

So right now i got the old tint removed and new one on and i'm waiting for the condesation from the bubbles to relax and hopefully i will have defect free job. =)
    Glad it all worked out.