Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    hey does neone know of a decent bolt on turbo setup for a b16a. only want to run about 6 psi on the stock engine. i am after a full kit. just want to buy it bolt it on then drive off with a boosted car. so how much would i be looking at. purchased and fitted?

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    one word.. custom

you don't want nor should you need a kit.. get something made specficly for your car....

Sadly you can’t talk cheap and reliable, those words don’t go hand in hand.
    One day you will want more power… one day you more than likely will blow your engine, what will you do if this happens ? sell everything or build your engine for high boost ?

You need to answer these questions before designing a turbo kit for your engine.

Why ? because it happens to everyone, you need to either build a turbo kit designed for 7psi and never any more, or build a turbo kit which will work at 7psi but will work even better at 25psi. Cost is a issue for many clients but making any Honda go fast costs big money, don’t let anyone kid you its cheap, because its not.

The most impotent things to consider when turboing a Honda is boost control via the best wastegate money can buy, and engine management again the best money can buy. Everything else you buy directly effects performance but not so much reliability.

As for costing you need the following items as a start.. I don’t want to put prices next to them or recommended any parts because everyone has there own preference, I know what I use on all my client cars and all of them are perfect.

Turbo
    Turbo exhaust Mainfold
    Wastegate
    Screamer pipe (to atomo or back to exhaust )
    Down pipe (turbo to exhaust )
    Replace stock exhaust system
    Intercooler
    Intercooler piping
    Silicon hose + strong clamps
    Injectors + clips
    Fuel and ignition engine management
    Oil feed / water lines for turbo
    Oil drain to sump
    Labour
    Slim line fan’s ( I neva like to use the stock ones and hack em to bits )

The above setup could cost you as cheap as $3000 or less easy, or more than $30,000 easy, quality parts vs cheap parts vs 2nd hand vs new …… at the end of the day it comes down to one thing how much you want to spend. All I can say is spend money where its needed the most, but don’t buy anything because its cheap, look into the future and see if that part will be good in the future …

Regards James

....is it true that you loose your aircon when you turbo a Civic with B16a?

Quote Originally Posted by lane-o
    Yes and no, you can get a kit (or go custom) and still keep you aircon if you want, depends on the design of the manifold.

And thanks for your reply James, I am also looking at my turbo options. Do you have a shop near Brisbane? I think it was at Underwood if I'm thinking of the same one? And do they do custom turbo setups up here aswell?

Cheers, Matt.

I'll help ya in Brissy

Member Array
    where bouts u located??? have a chat with incoming his girlfriend has a boosted dc2r on stock internals running max 8-9 psi. www.screaminperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by saboteur
    I'll help ya in Brissy
    PM coming your way

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    yeah im in brissy too

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Trust turbo kit - $4500 + Trust Intercooler & piping kit... $1750 (Both brand new)
    Email or call workshop if you're interested... (Can ship to Brissy, no problem)
    Use with Hondata for reliable 6~7psi set up.
    When combined with 2.6mm headgasket, can swallow 16psi. for 175kw+ at wheels.
    (Stock internals - fuel system upgrade required & Trust cat-back PEII exhaust)
    Turbo can be up-sized at time of order.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

This threads back from the dead. I say just build your own turbo kit. Piece everything together yourself and that way you will know what you have when its installed and know that what you bought will work. Most kits these days skimp on engine management and the fuel system. In other words, you have to run piggy back [acronym:472cdd2e91="Engine Control Unit"]ECU[/acronym:472cdd2e91]'s and a fuel setup that isn't sufficient.

You can run 6-8psi daily on stock internals if you drive the car hard. Hell, you can even run upto 10psi on stock internals but you can't really abuse (drive too hard) on that much boost.

If you are still piecing the kit or need more advice just reply here. Shame you aren't in Melbourne as there are heaps of places you can source goodies from and put together your own reliable kit. AVO make a good kit but i'd put together my own fuel setup and probably buy a Microtech to run everything.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    yeah cheers i have been lookin into that but like alot of others i have run into a cash shortage. we'll see how the tax return comes back

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by lane-o";p="89607
    Most turbo kits that i've seen in american magazines have the turbo positioned where the air conditioning condenser normally mounts. Mind you, these civics are making 400kw at the wheels.

Some kits that i've seen that use a smaller turbo don't have this problem (only seen d16 kits like this :? ??, but would be limited in how much boost they run.

Really depends on the application (road/drag/race) and how much power you want to make. Budget plays a big part in the project, too :P